Still need to know more about this one..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
"Brewsters Medicated Electricity", embossed on the bottom.

3" tall, 1" square with beveled corners, cobalt blue, fairly crude top, has the dosage lable on it.

I also have a brown "Brewsters Flavoring Extracts" with Dover NH embossed on it. Since the blue brewsters was dug in east central NH, 30 miles above Dover, I am betting they are the from the same proprieter.

Anyone? Please?

Here's a pic, not the best quality. Beside it is a clear brewsters flavoring. I don't yet have a pic of the brown, but it looks exactly the same as the clear.

Jh16776.jpg

Attachments

• Jh16776.jpg
    Jh16776.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 118

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This was on an old post to Digger Odell.
Hi, Richard here. Have an old medicine bottle, cobalt blue,3" tall, rectangular,estimate age at 1880- 1890,embossed "BREWSTERS MEDICATED ELECTRICITY" on the bottom(!), has 1 label reading"Vapor Through the nostrils until water starts from the eyes,repeat as often as desired,keep corked when not in use." Still has the wadding used to hold the "electricity" in it. Very nice shape, label looks 130 years old, but fully legible. Awesome little bottle. Ever hear of it? Value? I have spoke with several local "experts" but they know nothing of it. Thank you for your time and knowlage,Richard.
A later issue had aother.
Question: Hi, I have a cobalt bottle that says Brewsters medicated electricity on the bottom. I've been unable to find any reference to this bottle (web & books). can you give me any info/value. Thanks, Mickey

Response: I am pretty certain the bottle is English. I found three or four different Brewster's producing medicines in this country. I am pretty sure I had one of the bottles you are describing some years back.
As for the extract there were many extact company starting with, I believe, Sauers
http://www.cfsauer.com/history_sauer.asp

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Thanks!

That was me (Richard) that wrote to Digger O. I didn't think the question ever got through to him. English huh? I'd have said it was American.....What would give it away as English? Just the knowlage that it was ?
No matter, I love the thing dearly, and would never part with it. I would think the label it has would make it more desireable...[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler