Addictive Food Warning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
This is not an eating problem post. This is the most addictive food known to a Southern Man or Woman. That's right boiled peanuts. Right outta the pot,man these are hard to beat. I don't think I ever said I had enough.Ya ever had 'em Mr. Lobey? Warren tell 'em how good they are.

2CA643BE05CC4513945624930C1E30B8.jpg

Attachments

• 2CA643BE05CC4513945624930C1E30B8.jpg
    2CA643BE05CC4513945624930C1E30B8.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 66

capsoda

Reaction score
MMMMMMMMM boiled goobers. The treat of the Confederate Gods. Just boiled some green goobers last week and near made my self sick on them. Solid protein and natural oils not to mention a slew of vitamins.[:)]

Hard not to over indulge.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
food of the gods! right up there with grits and red velvet cake. had someone tell me one time that they couldn't stand the thought of boiled peanuts. when i asked why, they said they tried some that came in a can. that's just inhumane. who ever sold those aught to be shot as a tratior.

RedGinger

Reaction score
They look good! I eat anything. How do they taste compared to regular peanuts? I'm not sure what the difference is. Thanks.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
They are big items around my sister's house in Smithfield VA.
Cant say I care for them. I'd rate them one notch above boiled pencil erasers.[;)]

bunchesofbottles

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about the boiled peanuts either, it's the salt that I like. Now those grits are the way to go, butter, pepper and some maple syrup,mmmmmmm. That's good eats!

capsoda

Reaction score
Next time you are shellin some fresh field peas pop a raw one in your mouth and try it. Except the lack of salt they kind of taste like that. Kind of nutty green peanut taste. I guess you got to try them. By some green penuts (unroasted) and boil them with lots of salt. Try one every now and then so you don't over cook them. Eat them whike they are hot.

Now grits belong on top of a couple of over medium eggs with butter and salt. The syrup is for soppin with biscuts and of course you need 8 or so slices of thick cut rine on bacon to top of breakfast.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey