I know its free money but...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
So I was reading on the CT lottery site about a guy who one 1,000,000 dollars on a scratch ticket! I mean wow, any amount of money from the lottery is fine by me, but here is the catch.... this is copied and pasted from his story quote:

Lottery officials presented ******** with a ceremonial check for $1,000,000, and also a cashable check in the amount $434,842. The top prize in $70 Million Blockbuster is payable as either an annuity or lump sum; ******** opted for the one-time cash lump sum, valued at $621,200 (before taxes).

434,842... thats less then half a million? but I thought he won a million? So he took the lump sum, and taxes? Is it just me, or does this seem criminal? Shouldn't the ticket say, you just won half a million and donated half a million to the state? who made billions in lotto revenue already this year?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
It does seem criminal - you're right. But I suppose 434K is nothing to scratch at.

privvydigger

Reaction score
Anyone who takes a lump sum is off their rocker.
Take the inuity and walk into any bank in the country for a loan if you need big money fast.

capsoda

Reaction score
They do that here too and when he puts it in the bank they will tax the interest. If he takes the inuity they will tax each payment so no one ever wins what is posted.

glass man

Reaction score
THE GREAT ZELL MILLER [YEP THE ONE THAT WANTED A DUAL WITH LOBE BALL CHRIS MATTHEWS] WAS THE GOV. OF GEORGIA AND PUSHED BIG TIME FOR THE LOTTERY SAYING"OUR SCHOOLS WILL NEVER LACK FOR MONEY AGAIN"! RIGHT! KIDS ARE STILL HAVING TO PUSH CANDY SELLING FOR OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM AND EVERY TIME ONE TURNS AROUND THE SCOOL WANTS MONEY! IT AIN'T ENOUGH WE PAY SCHOOL TAXES! YEP I WONDER WHOSE ALL POCKET THAT MONEY GOES INTO!IF THE MONEY WAS USED THE WAY LYING ZELL SAID GEORGIA WOULD HAVE THE BEST SCHOOL SYSTEMS IN THE COUNTRY! YOU NEVER HEAR EITHER WHERE THE MONEY GOES! THAT WOULD BE A GOOD ONE FOR BIG MOUTH"HARD BALL" MATTHEWS TO COVER,BUT THE PRESS,DON'T REALLY WANT TO FOLLOW THAT MONEY TRAIL NOW DO THEY! WE GOTTA HEAR ABOUT WHAT COLOR TIES THE PRESIDENTS WORE WHEN ALL THE LIVING PRES. GOT TOGETHER! OR WATCH THE OBAMA KIDS GO OFF TO SCHOOL! I WISH EDWARD MURROWS COULD COME BACK AND KICK SOME BUTT AND REMIND THEM WHAT IS REAL NEWS IS,LIKE WHERE THE LOTTERY MONEY GOES TO![:mad:]

BDD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

434,842... thats less then half a million? but I thought he won a million? So he took the lump sum, and taxes? Is it just me, or does this seem criminal? Shouldn't the ticket say, you just won half a million and donated half a million to the state? who made billions in lotto revenue already this year?
I like the way you think, Tigue! You ask too many questions though.[;)] Just eat your soylent green and be happy the tax rate is only 30%.

Stardust

Reaction score
i'm HAPPY when i find a penny
on the ground...... [;)]
especially, when it's tails side up
that says,
" IN GOD WE TRUST"
it reminds me to keep the FAITH!
[8|] star

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads