I know its free money but...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

So I was reading on the CT lottery site about a guy who one 1,000,000 dollars on a scratch ticket! I mean wow, any amount of money from the lottery is fine by me, but here is the catch.... this is copied and pasted from his story quote:

Lottery officials presented ******** with a ceremonial check for $1,000,000, and also a cashable check in the amount $434,842. The top prize in $70 Million Blockbuster is payable as either an annuity or lump sum; ******** opted for the one-time cash lump sum, valued at $621,200 (before taxes).

434,842... thats less then half a million? but I thought he won a million? So he took the lump sum, and taxes? Is it just me, or does this seem criminal? Shouldn't the ticket say, you just won half a million and donated half a million to the state? who made billions in lotto revenue already this year?

The feds got most of that tax money not Connecticut.

Our highest rate is 5% so we (CT) took about $50,000. Uncle Sam took the rest.

Alan

justadddirt

Reaction score
in pennsylvania the state doesn't tax lottery winnings. 3 years ago i hit $50,000 on a scratch ticket. Uncle Sam took 25% but didn't pay any state tax. Also don't throw your loseing ticket away, you can claim them on your tax return if you get luck & hit on a ticket.

Stardust

Reaction score
Hey Gary, you must be a lucky charm! Good for you!
I LOVE IT, when I hear someone nice gets lucky.
Thanks for the tip, now I'll start saving my tickets
just in case I get lucky. [;)]

CanYouDigIt!

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

I WISH EDWARD MURROWS COULD COME BACK AND KICK SOME BUTT AND REMIND THEM WHAT IS REAL NEWS IS,LIKE WHERE THE LOTTERY MONEY GOES TO![:mad:]

The real news would be "Where the hell the 12.8 trillion dollars in bailout money went"

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4