Mc Alllister's Mocking Bird Food Lid?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebryan

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined the forum although I have read some stuff on it. I just acquired a McAllister's Mocking Bird Bottle and noted some conversations on this forum back in about 2005, along with some other mocking bird food bottles. None of the photos showed a lid with the bottles, but they all seem to have a wide mouth screw top with ground lips. The Mc Allister's I just found has an amethyst glass screw lid which seems to fir perfectly, has a ground base, and is embossed on top: PAT APPL'D FOR - TO REMOVE CAP PRESS DOWN & UNSCREW. I believe the glass may actually be suncolored amethyst although it is pretty deep in color, so if so it would have originally been clear. The lid has vertical ribs around the outside to grip the lid.

So the questions are if anyone has ever seen this bottle or other mocking bird bottles with lids, or whether anyone has ever seen this lid, or if this lid actually goes with this bottle.

I also wonder what the "press down & unscrew" would mean for this as I can't conceive any advantage of pressing it down first, even if it was on some other bottle.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

glass man

Reaction score
JUST WANT TO WELCOME YOU TO THE FORUM! GLAD YOU JOINED! NO INFO,BUT SURE YOU WILL GET SOME![&:] JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese