Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blob beer dates

Senior Member Bottle Master

Blob beer dates

Hi ,found this blob while hunting, on surface just under some leaves ,the land owner wants to see it i will give it to him (going to be hard to part with first yellow blob i have found) but i would like to know the age so i can tell him .What years were blobs made ? He has already said i can dig dump and hunt fields for artifacts ,thanks for any info any one may have

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F8497E7AE4E6436A8802C0AB10C276A0.jpg  

RE: Blob beer dates

Here it is with some dark ones from a friend on the forum ,Saltzman Bros Palace Hill Brewery Oil City ,Pa and J.J. Kouch Palace Bottling Works Titusville ,Pa.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BBD0E895752B4B1C978EE50CFE09E735.jpg  

Tell him it's a worthless piece of junk from "recent times" and you forgot to bring it along.. then send it to me, please.

[;)] circa 1900 - 1910, baltimore loop seal, in good cond, nice embossig, excellent color, it's a $20 - 40 bev bot..

Thanks Charlie you are fast!

I'm just hoping speed matches accuracy for once! And if I'm wrong, I hope it's because the bottle is worth more.. I really like it.

Give the landowner that blob beer. If you find anything real good though just forget to tell him about it.

Rick, common Erie beer bottle 1900 +/- 5 years. Give it to the guy, we'll get you another one no problem. This one is a little lighter than most but not uncommon by any means.

Thanks for replies !Spuere66 ,this is the permission we talked about (jasper field ) so as soon as fields are turned we will go,thanks for bottle info ,hope the hunting was good .Charlie if i find a few more of these ,i will send you one ,got to give it to the landowner .

Senior Member Bottle Finder Kathi Groh's Avatar
    Excellent thread!! I have several of these yellow blobs (exact bottle), this was very informative for me!!! :-) I am assuming you are from Erie too????

Senior Member Bottle Finder Kathi Groh's Avatar
    Excellent thread!! I have several of these yellow blobs (exact bottle), this was very informative for me!!! :-) I am assuming you are from the Erie area too???? I am surprised you didn't mention it on any of my posts!!

Last edited by Kathi Groh; 08-03-2017 at 03:20 PM.