The "Itch"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Aaron, I hear that poison ivy rash can get pretty bad on some folks.. hope you ain't allergic to it..bummer, man. You gotta watch what you grab on to out there..

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
I should have added, no poison ivy out here in the desert. Of course, there is rattlesnakes, scorpions, and badgers, but no poison ivy. ~Mike

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yeah but you still gotta watch what you grab on to.. anywhere... [;)]

acoleg

Reaction score
Yep. The Hinds Honey is a Portland. Pretty neat little bottle. That and the Omega Oil were probably my favorite finds from this dig. I brought home a few more, one a Chamberlain's Liniment, the other a Dr. Bell's Pine Tar Honey, that I didnt realize were cracked. Hopefully I can find some more in better condition. I'm pretty sure they are common bottles. I also gave a buddy at work a Cardui Woman's Tonic Chattanooga medicine Co. He's from Chattanooga and thought it was pretty neat. And yes, I will definately watch what I grab on to from now on. Everyone at work is having a good time making fun of me though. I just tell em the bottles are worth gettin a little itch over!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Helllo I had to tell you guys what my Grandfather taught me about poison ivy. Where it grows there is usually a plant called BALSAM, that grows in the wet creeks. It has a light green stalk that almost looks watery. If you get exposed to poison ivy pick some of the balsam stalks and crush them on where you got exposed to it. This weed juice will really help keep it from being a big problem. RED Matthews

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Acoleg, the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was poison ivy, oak, and sumac. I get it so bad and have had to go to the hospital. It is the reason I scuba 99.9% of the time. You certainly are off to a good start in your bottle digging. An observation I've made regarding bottle digging is that the dump is usually covered with poison something or other. Keep digging be careful and good luck. Kevin

bearswede

Reaction score
The first time I got PI was ice fishing...Believe it or not!!! It must have been lurking on the wood we used for a warming fire...

I got PI from digging bottles... I got PI from doing archeological survey... I got PI from moving old stone walls... I got PI from looking at the stuff!!!

The worst was when I had to drop trow in front of the doc at the university clinic... Yep, I had it there! Yep, Doc was a she!!! We had been jumping into these huge pits dug into the CT River terraces in West Springfield in March, looking for any evidence of Native American activity... I don't remember finding any, but I sure brought home a doozy of a tale-to-tell...

Remember, the best itch comes from the bottle search and recovery... Skip the ivy...

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese