Defuniak springs Fl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

klx69

Reaction score
Hi All:[/align] Well I think I Have thwe answer to the mystery Bar.. The Name was the silver slipper and was at the corner of hwy 83 and hwy 2 now is a intersection with a caution light..[;)][/align]

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hi klx69, Interesting. I'll have to ask my buddy if he remembers that name? I know we drove by that Intersection 5-6 times but nothing looked familar to him. This visit of his was after a 20 year return to the area so his memmory was foggy unfortunatly. Any chance you may know which corner to help pin point it down in case I return? northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest? Let me know? Thanks, much appreciated. LEON.

capsoda

Reaction score
I'll check with my dad and see what he says. He told me there were alot of little bars and saloons and a few big ones in the woods around Defuniak.

I will probable be in Defuniak next week. My aunt fell and broke her wrist and had to have surgery on it so my dad will want to go and see her. I'll let you know when and maybe we can meet up at city park or something.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wonder how many Bars in that area. The one klx69 mention is right in the right area. I asked my dumping buddy to refresh my memmory on the history on this bar, waiting to see what he sez. Sure wish I lived nearby to check this new info out but wont be able to do that to soon or meet anybody down there to soon but sounds like klx69 may be in the neighborhood. Capsoda, Any info you find out would be much appreciated. Let me know? THANKS, LEON.

klx69

Reaction score
Hay All:[/align]The Bar was on the southwest side. I have lived here for 2 years but I am related to everyboby and there roots up here is as deep as they get. So I can get all the history I want .. Thats so cool .. The problem is a lot of them never tarveled out of the little town to much because there wasnt cars. So I can only get there little areas. But I am meeting some of the other rooted familys and learning little bits at a time. They dont Just share info with anybody. They have to get to no you and trust you before they will even tell you anything. I mean I am not Kidding. I talked to a man for 8 months and thought his name was one thing and he finally corrected me 8 months later. HEHEHE can you beleive that. Now he tells me all kinds of history.. I think thats sooo cool.. [8|][/align]

hemihampton

Reaction score
KLX69, My buddy said the bar was still standing in 1985 when he hit the dump. Said some others found it before him in early 80's. How close do you live near this bar/Intersection? Wonder/curious if you could check it out for me if you live near by?[;)] LEON.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kelly, My dad said it must have closed before his time or opened after he left Defuniak about 1940. He grew up there and knew just about everybody around. He is 82 now. His hearing is bad and he won't leave the d@$# thing alone so his ear is sore and swollen and he can't hear stick.

Like I mentioned, I may be in Defuniak next week and maybe my wife and I could meet up with you and gab.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The cans found at this bar dump were from around mid to late 40's suposably maybe even early 50's. LEON.

adcoker

Reaction score
Looking for a digging partner around the fort walton beach area

Hi, Are you still looking for a digging partner, I'm new to this as well, if you what to move some dirt with me let me know.

Duncan Coker
adcoker7@gmail.com

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264