Ball Sanitary Sure Seal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dygger60

Reaction score
Ok jar collectors....got a question....

Does anyone out there have an example of a flint (clear) Ball Sanitary Sure Seal?

It is a jar that exists only in legend...there is a know picture of what appears to be
a clear example (black and white photo)...but to date no one can positivily say they have seen or own one.

David

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have an example of a flint (clear) Ball Sanitary Sure Seal?
I can't see a true flint or lead glass being made for a canning jar except by accident or very special order. Clear is another story.
Do I have one, no.

epackage

Reaction score
Would you consider this SCA as a clear David, it's certainly not BALL BLUE ?? Unless this isn't a "sanitary", I know zilch about jars except the elusive Stark Jar from Paterson...
Jim

8A05C9F14813480D9BEAC195585FF0F8.jpg

Attachments

• 8A05C9F14813480D9BEAC195585FF0F8.jpg
    8A05C9F14813480D9BEAC195585FF0F8.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 107

dygger60

Reaction score
That would be considered sun colored....clear at one time..but with the trace elements reacting to sun light it has changed....the erased 3rd L is a very nice jar......

The Sanitary Sure Seal was a very short lived jar in the Ball line...and alot of questions remain about its existance...or why there was ever and existance, but we know that it was never in a Blue Book edition...

Some believe it may have been a jar made for retail client....

But I can not see why Ball would make a jar just for that....would seem a waste...and Ball Brothers were not know to waste anything....

As far as using the term "flint" I stand corrected....I meant "clear". So fellow jar collectors...check them out...see is ya have one....

If one does exist, it is indeed very rare....

David

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese