GXIII-60

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I got a call from a guy who has a GXIII-60 Spring Garden Log Cabin flask in a quart size. Can anyone give me some info about it? I have another friend who collects historical flasks so I might try and pick it up for him if the price is right, but I wouldn't know what a good price would be. I think I have seen some in the half pint size before. Any information would be great [:)]

All the best,
~Tim

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Tim,

Here's a Half Pint GXIII-60 that recently sold @eplace for 190 Beans.

This one
5C_1.jpg

"Lot 5C.
6" SPRING GARDEN ANCHOR & LOG CABIN FLASK - AQUA SPRING GARDEN GLASSWORKS HALF PINT FLASK W/ ANCHOR & LOG CABIN (GXIII-60) W/ RING COLLAR & SMOOTH BASE- SMALL RADIATED POTSTONE TO THE RIGHT COLLAR OF CABIN, MINOR WEAR & IMPERFECTION TO LIP; Est $100.00 - $150.00
Realized bid price - $100.00" From.

6249189_37Q0P9EVN.jpg

"Lot#: 253
Description: GXIII-60 ANCHOR AND LOG CABIN PICTORIAL FLASK, aquamarine, half pint, embossed " SPRING GARDEN" and "GLASSWORKS" within banner, tooled mouth, smooth base with circular indention. Attractive all-over pebbled surface, shoulder with fold and dent as made. Spring Garden Glassworks, Baltimore, MD. 1850-1870. 5 1/2" H.
Undamaged.
Provenance: Collection of the late Russell Merlin Turner.

Estimate: 100.00 - 150.00 --- Price Realized: 161.00" From.

1303832315380.jpg

"Bottle Auction Description: FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION IS A LOVELY MINT SPRING GARDEN GLASSWORKS (BALTIMORE, MD.) HALF PINT FLASK. I'M USING MCKEARIN GXlll-61 AND NOT GXlll-60 BECAUSE THE TOP IS A #20A, WHICH IS ONLY LISTED UNDER THAT NUMBER. THEY DO NOT, HOWEVER, LIST AQUAMARINE AS A KNOWN COLOR FOR GXlll-61, SO I'LL HAVE TO ASSUME IT TO BE JUST AN OMISSION ON THEIR PART. (OR MAYBE RARE? NOT SURE.) THE ONLY TOPS I'VE SEEN ON THE AQUAMARINE ONES BEFORE THIS ONE WERE THE SINGLE RING "WEDDING BAND" TYPES. THIS EXAMPLE STANDS 6 5/16" TALL AND THE BASE IS WHAT WE USED TO CALL "HINGE MOLD" OR "SNAP CASE" MOLD. (THERE IS A CENTER DOT AND A SMALL LINE OF EXCESS GLASS.) SOME LIGHT INTERIOR STAIN EXISTS, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVABLE, AND FOR THE SAKE OF ACCURACY, WHEN TILTED TO THE LIGHT A NARROW 1/2" SCRATCH CAN BE SEEN BETWEEN THE WORDS "SPRING" AND "GARDEN". (SEE ONE OF THE SCANS WHERE I TRIED TO PICTURE IT.) NO CHIPS, CRACKS OR OTHER FAULTS ARE PRESENT. THE COLOR IS AS CAN BE SEEN IN THE SCANS. (WHICH ISN'T VERY EASY, IF YOU HAVE EVER TRIED TO TAKE PICTURES AND HAVE THEM COME OUT IN THE EXACT COLOR OF THE BOTTLE!) ANYWAY, A BRIGHT AND ATTRACTIVE FLASK! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND INTEREST!
Current Price: $80.54
Current Bids: 13
End Time: 04/24/10 11:58:11 PDT" From.

Didn't see a single quart in the look around, though...

Duct-Tape-Hammock.jpg

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Great info Surf! I think I did see a couple of those. I wonder if the quart is tougher to come by, or if there just haven't been any for sale lately?

~Tim

appliedlips

Reaction score
Not listed in a Qt. size in McKearin and none have sold in major auctions. Sure its not a pint?

appliedlips

Reaction score
There is a Qt. Spring Garden-Anchor with no log cabin on reverse.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Well I haven't seen it in person, just what he said on the phone. Maybe it is a pint, and said quart. I plan on seeing it soon to know for sure.

Thanks Doug!

~Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler