First Time Surface Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
The Missuss & I attended a garage sale where the home was built in 1865. Not seeing any old glass or crockery on display, I asked the owner if he had any such items; to my surprise & delight, he did! So off to the back of his old garage we go, where, to my disappointment, was a small collection of newer bottles, save for one very dirty pint bottle, with no obvious embossing. I asked to see it and was pleased to find some crisp lettering. I purchased the bottle & immediately sent a pic to my more learned fellow collectors, who advised me the bottle was quite scarce! To shorten the tale - I've been approached by a fellow who informed me the Bottler was his great, great Uncle! He collects bottles produced by this Uncle & two other Uncles, who were also Bottlers, having collected some 50 examples of his ancestors products.

I think I'll be visiting some more garage sales in the coming months!

Attachments

• F. Matthews : Oakville : Crown-Top Pint.jpg
    F. Matthews : Oakville : Crown-Top Pint.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 203

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Not used to seeing you get bottles that weren't underwater! A beautiful bottle - are you planning on selling it to the fellow whose uncle was the bottler?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice find! Does that say Oakville? I don't see many bottles coming from there, it was a pretty small place before being absorbed into the GTA's urban sprawl in the later 20th century.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That's a great bottle and all, but I must admit I'm pretty impressed with the landscaping and picture composition here too.
Can't take credit for the bloomage - that's the Missuss's bailiwick!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Nice find! Does that say Oakville? I don't see many bottles coming from there, it was a pretty small place before being absorbed into the GTA's urban sprawl in the later 20th century.
Hey CB! Yes, it's an Oakville bottle; apparently, pretty rare. I was talking to a fellow who has a clear variant of the pint; he too has been approached by the fellow wanting to purchase mine, but he said no, saying it's too rare to let go.

mingoman64

Reaction score
Somehow I picture you throwing it as far as possible in the nearest body of water then diving for it.
Nice find!

Sent from my SM-G990U3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen