Good trade?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Conch times

Reaction score
I traded a local medicine bottle for this yesterday, I love my inkwells and the guy told me they call this a master ink so I had to have it. So is it really a master ink and did I make a good trade?
de072f8e.jpg

df844a33.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yes, in all probability it is a master ink. I guess that depends on the local med an the rarity of the ink. I have no idea what's on the ink or the med.[8|]

botlguy

Reaction score
Really, an impossible question to answer with the limited information given. Are both parties satisfied? If Yes ! then it was a god trade. If No ! then it's not a good trade.

epackage

Reaction score
What Jim said is true, if he's happy and you're happy it's a good trade. Your bottle may have been worth more than his if they were being sold, but that's the chance you take when doing a trade....Jim

T D

Reaction score
I used to beat myself up about how I did in a trade. Like it's been said, if you are happy and they are happy then it was a good trade. Rarely is a trade even so sometimes on paper you do good, sometimes you don't. Eventually you will stop trading and what fun is that? [;)][;)]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Conch,
I agree with most of the others who say that if you are happy with the trade - that should be enough. I also try not to second guess myself. You do the best you can with the information you have. While the stoneware ink is neat, I do not think that it is overly rare. As to medicines, they can be common or rare. If what you gave was very hard to come by, you may have given too much. If what you had was not so rare, you did just fine. Hope this helped.

Conch times

Reaction score
Rookie mistake my bad, it was a small key west porter and ridgell medicine bottle that I happen to have had two of.
The master ink says citreous stone bottles J. Bourne & son patentees Denby Pottery Near Derby P. & J. Arnold London.

Either way I'm happy with my new ink so it does not really matter. Thanks for the replies.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler