Amber Coke with seams. Fake, right?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

groverdill

Reaction score
I came across this amber Coke bottle while travelling the other week. It was at an antique co-op with a price tag of $55. I didn't buy it due to the fact that it had a seam running the entire length of the bottle from top to bottom on both sides, therefore I was assuming it was a fake. Can you guys confirm this? And while we're on the subject, how does one make a fake bottle? I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. It looked pretty authentic except for the seams. (I should have taken more pics. These aren't very good.)

105_7595.jpg
[/IMG]

][image
105_7594.jpg
[/IMG]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
That's real it has a ton of case wear. I only ever dug one amber Coke. It was blown. I believe the amber Coke was first made 75 years ago.(1937) so they made ABM amber Cokes.

This is a re pro

21D3FE0FB8B949008F5AC73095191BE9.jpg

Attachments

• 21D3FE0FB8B949008F5AC73095191BE9.jpg
    21D3FE0FB8B949008F5AC73095191BE9.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 138

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
For current and future reference ...

http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/index.html

http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/fame.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/ETclanSETH114/bottlehistory.html

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
What myth or bit of misinformation have you heard to make one assume that mold seams means it's a fake/fantasy bottle or a reproduction?

Who are these people that perpetuate these 'facts'.......like the one where: "A line between city and state on a Coke means......................."

groverdill

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

That's real it has a ton of case wear. I only ever dug one amber Coke. It was blown. I believe the amber Coke was first made 75 years ago.(1937) so they made ABM amber Cokes.

What??? Nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I passed up an authentic amber Coke bottle? Boy, that really steams my clams. [:mad:]
Just out of curiosity, would $55 have been a decent price for that bottle? **crossing fingers hoping some one says it was way overpriced**

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
When all else fails regarding values, there's always ebay to enlighten us as to what folks are asking and paying for amber Coca Cola botles. Check it out! There are a bunch of them on ebay right now and always is ...

ebay link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Amber+coca+cola+bottle&_sacat=0

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Regarding ...

"a line between city and state on a Coke means......................."

I have a patent 1923 San Diego, Ca. hobbleskirt/contour bottle which looks almost like the original except that it is clearly marked with a "Anchor Glass Container Corp." date of 1989.

Anchor Glass Container Corporation, Tampa, FL [head office], plants at Salem, NJ; Connellsville, PA; Winchester, IN; Shakopee, MN; Henryetta, OK; Jacksonville, FL; Elmira, NY; Warner-Robins, GA and Lawrenceburg, IN (1983-to date).

http://myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html

(Anchor Glass Container Corp. is not to be confused with the earlier Anchor Hocking).

SPB

groverdill

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

What myth or bit of misinformation have you heard to make one assume that mold seams means it's a fake/fantasy bottle or a reproduction?

Who are these people that perpetuate these 'facts'.......like the one where: "A line between city and state on a Coke means......................."

No myth, or misinformation (mythinformation,perhaps?). Just the voice of inexperience speaking. I haven't been at this for very long, and I know amber Coke bottles are old, so I came to the flawed conclusion that all ambers were hand made rather than molded. That probably doesn't make any sense either, but I'm still learning. But this seems like a great place to learn. [:)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I never really followed cokes but it seems to me that since the advent of fleabay the average value has actually dropped on the amber coles. Just my imagination maybe?

I remember in the '70s when people were getting $10-15 for common brookfield insulators too[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776