Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: Alta Crest Reproductions?

. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milk-Bottle-Alta-Crest-Farms-Spencer-MASS-Embossed-Round-Quart-Logo-of-Bull-Cow-/230861514512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c06b 2710&nma=true&si=U1RUjPXNjA30xbjUctWudGMx7zY%3D&or ig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Wow, that went for a lot of money. I had seen a few for sale for around $30. Good eye, thanks

ORIGINAL: asterisk80

thanks andrew. Yes watching bottles sell on Ebay is a great way to see whats worth what. Its difficult for me to make helpful generalizations from this though. Like small town farm slug plate milks sometimes sell big and sometimes don't sell. Am I wrong to assume this is similar to small town pharm bottles? Besides color, its difficult to tell how much impact scarcity will have on the worth. Sometime it doesnt seem to affect it at all. Interesting..
    Sorry, I should have been clearer: The old small tiwn slug plates do sometimes sell if someone collects there local area.Thats what I meant by someone may pay you 40-60, I'm sleepy!! TK!

Member New Bottler

Re: Alta Crest Reproductions?

According to the John Tutton publication "Udderly Delightful", the green Alta Crest Farms quart was produced in two variants; a small cows head & a large cows head. I don't know which mine is as I've never seen a comparison picture. I've scoured the 'net & not turned up anything. Does anyone here have a side-by-side photograph of both?

Member New Bottler
    The variation mystery solved. The common one has the embossed cows head on the opposite side of the bottle to the dairy name. The rarer of the two has the cows head above the dairy name. I've only seen a single record of the latter from an auction in 2005 where the bottle sold for $1100!

Member New Bottler
    Here are the two different Alta Crest greensClick image for larger version. 

Name:	AltaCrestc type 2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	190299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alta Crest type 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	190300