Who Made Bixbys?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I`ve got a question for those of you who are more knowledgeable than me about glassworks outside of New England, where were the Bixby shoe polish bottles made? I really doubt that they were in New England because of the large variety of colors that they come in, with a couple molds bein found in several colors and shades. I`m thinking possibly New Jersey, but I really don`t know much about glasshouses from that area. Has anybody found fragments at any glasshouse sites you might have poked around, or found any correspondence between Bixby and any glassworks? I know a lot about Bixbys, but this is one area that I`d like to know more about.

9A051BFB510646D1A110415DD850535A.jpg

Attachments

• 9A051BFB510646D1A110415DD850535A.jpg
    9A051BFB510646D1A110415DD850535A.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 50

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
Hi Joe, that is a nice light orange-amber color that has some thicker spots of glass that appear darker. It`s the round style with Bixby on the base and the patent date on the side, they are common in amber, but this is the only really light amber one I`ve found. I`m hoping to have a display of my Bixbys at the national show next year, I`ve gotten the OK for it and just need to put it together. Hopefully I`ll meet some of you guys there!

botlguy

Reaction score
Bill, Bill, Bill. Thank you for that picture. I have always liked those bottles but had no idea how many colors and styles they came in. I sincerely appreciate your picture and would enjoy hearing / reading what you know about BIXBY. How about an article here and one of the bottle magazines. I think it would be highly worthy.

I'm waiting,,,,,I'm impatient ! ! [8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Far as where they were made.. I'd imagine Bixby had contracts with several different glasshouses.. especially over the years..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese