A dippy day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnRhubart

Reaction score
Ratzilla, where are you digging? I see that you are from Mulica Hill? I am from Millville but I am currently residing in Port Norris until my fiance and I get a place of our own, been checking out dump sites in the woods around the Maurice River here in Port Norris mainly. I have yet to go on a real dig with anyone, let alone an experienced pro...Maybe one weekend we can hook up, I would love to watch and learn, I can dig a mean hole, I just never know where to dig one! Have shovel will travel!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Hey JohnR, "Have shovel will travel" is my registered trade mark! You owe me a nickel, HAHA! Just kidding......Nice looking shards. The spoils go to those with no quit in them and I'm sure you'll find the good one sooner or later. I've been hunting a pontil age house for 2 months with little to show for about 8 holes. I finally got into a brick lined cylinder, as you call them. After a monster "root canal", or more like a root-ectomy, I managed to get under a 5' clay cap and hit a nice fluffy night soil layer. Near the top of it I discovered a perfect open pontiled scroll flask. I will post a quick description shortly.....Jack

cobaltbot

Reaction score
At least ya got a few and prospects for more! Is you were out diggin last Saturday it was a beautiful day!

Bottlehoe

Reaction score
Luv this pic ! DIG IN [:D]
ORIGINAL: Ratzilla

Got out again this weekend, went back to where we dug the 'not wet' brick cylinders last week, hoping for more good holes. Any hole at all proved elusive for a while, though. Finally figured out why, not everyone on the block had a brick hole. Found a woodliner after a lot of test holes...

9CA8C579B8BC4E668A4D8B481292E8DC.jpg

JohnRhubart

Reaction score
Rat, going out this weekend? I know its Mother's Day so I dunno what other peoples plans are, but if so I wanna go!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese