Arkansas Whiskey Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dale

Reaction score
Here is a whiskey bottle I found at an estate sale today. The bottle reads LAMBE & DEMARKE FINE WHISKEY ARKANSAS CITY, ARK. It is a blown and mold that is 6 5/8'' tall. The design on the bottom is debossed in the bottle. I have not been able to find any information on this bottle. If anybody has any information on this bottle, please let me know.
Thanks, Dale

1C174560C56041FFBB1E8298A9A314B6.jpg

Attachments

• 1C174560C56041FFBB1E8298A9A314B6.jpg
    1C174560C56041FFBB1E8298A9A314B6.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 111

epackage

Reaction score
Nice looking whiskey indeed, what info are you looking for?

epackage

Reaction score
From 1911...

The firm of Lambe & Demarke, wholesale and retail liquor dealers, is one of the oldest in the city, the business having been started twenty-four years ago. Mr. Joe Demarke, Mr. Jean Demarke and Mrs. Lena Lambe constitute the members of the firm. Mr. Joe Demarke is the older member, and is the manager of the business. He is one of the most prominent and influential of our leading businessmen, and is always in the front of everything pertaining to the betterment of the city. He is president of the Desha levee board, and also a member of the board of directors of the special school district. He is a man who is willing to give of his time and means in any cause that he thinks is for the upbuilding of the town and county, and is not one of the kind that only wants to hold places of public trust and responsibility for the fees that can be collected from the office. The firm has been prosperous since coming to this city, and has large amounts of city property that is constantly rented. Mr. Demarke and also Mrs. Lambe each have magnificent dwellings sitting side by side and built of concrete with the walks, fence and outbuildings of the same material. The above is a picture of the Lambe dwelling, but does not do the building justice as the cut is too small.

As retailers of liquors, the Lambe & Demarke firm is an exception. One rarely sees a man intoxicated in their place, and no disorderly conduct of boisterous noisy crowds are ever tolerated. They believe in the legitimate sale of liquors, and although this is a river town, they come near conducting this class of place. No one is sold liquor in this saloon when he is intoxicated, and the managers use every effort to keep the public from over-indulgence. It is probably due to the high moral character of this firm that they have been so prosperous, as no firm in this line of business has existed as long in this city, and none have ever been so successful, nor have any liquor dealers either here or in any other city a higher place in the very best society of the town, and are known for their strict business integrity, and for conducting their business on so high a moral plane.

Mr. Joe Demarke is also president of the Demarke Co., a mercantile business which is a large hardware and grocery establishment, mention of which is made in another column. Arkansas City is justly proud of this firm, and feels that they have deserved all the success they have attained.

Dale

Reaction score
I was wondering about the rarity. Thanks,Dale

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks MINNESOTA DIGGER I try to get an ideal of a bottles price before I sell it. Its a good think to know, a friend of mine Robert Cutchins, bought a bottle at an antique store here in Texas for $29.00 and found out it was a rare bottle and ended up selling it for $7,000.00 !!!! Thanks for the info.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Wow, Dale, she's a beauty! I would be proud of that sweetness. Thank you for posting!
Fred

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks treeguyfred, the sweetest part was the price $3.00 !!! Dale

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey