Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stephengray View Post
    There are some really nice miniatures, free samples, out there! I saw a guy once who had a free sample Fish Bitters.
    One must be careful with some of the minis, especially the figural type. There are lots of Taiwan fakes around
    Collect: 1/4 & 1/2 Oz Pharm / Drugs - 1 Oz "Stand Up" Pharms - WAW-WAW anything - Santa Ana, CA & Coeur d' Alene, ID bottles. TRADES available

Senior Member Bottle Master stephengray's Avatar
    Yeah, I know fakes everywhere. This guy had am amazing sample collection. He had probably at least 50 to 75 sample bitters and other types mixed in. He displayed them at one of the national shows years ago. He said what got him started was that he dug one of the better bitters sample bottles.

I specialized in bitters for years and am quite familiar with the square and rectangular and round minis but there are FEW authentic figural minis around. I'd have to think hard about it to remember even one TRUE figurative. However, if he displayed at a National show they should have been authentic. I may be ignorant of true, authentic examples.
    Jim S
    Collect: 1/4 & 1/2 Oz Pharm / Drugs - 1 Oz "Stand Up" Pharms - WAW-WAW anything - Santa Ana, CA & Coeur d' Alene, ID bottles. TRADES available

This might be the best picture druggist bottle I have. The Owl Drug Store Phone 126 from Chickasha, Okla. Extremely rare and this one has the label on the back. It was found in the attic of a house in Mobile, Alabama.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drug_chickasha_owl_green2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	179582

Here is an earlier bottle from that druggist. The Owl Drug Store Prescriptionists Chickasha, Okla. Attachment 179583

This one is from Minnesota. Peterson & Co. Druggists Duluth, Minn. with eagle.Attachment 179584

Here is one I haveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0759.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	179598