"POOR MAN COUGH SYRUP" Mystery

Fellow Bottle Collectors,

I recently began collecting Medicine Bottle with interesting embossing. I enjoy doing a little research on each bottle but have come across one that impossible (for me) to locate anything ~ 3 pictures attached.

POOR MAN'S COUGH SYRUP ~ BIM ~ light clear/purple color ~ 5 3/4" tall by 2 1/4 wide.

The base has a raised design, possible an acorn, but cannot be sure

I have found a "Poor Man's Bitters" Bottle and "Anderson's Poor Man Cough", but NOTHING for this bottle. I have checked many on-line sources and checked the "Bottle Book: A Comprehensive Guide to Historic Embossed Medicine Bottles" by Fike, and NOTHING.

Does anyone have any information? I'm not sure if the wording POOR MAN's is the name of a Company or perhaps means something else entirely.

Thank you,
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cough 1.jpg   cough 2.jpg   cough 3.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Advertised by E. Chamberlain of Cambridgeport (Cambridge) Massachusetts in the late 1870's. Cool bottle. Looks like your example is a bit newer...perhaps mid-1880's.

Thank you. The information is helpful. Do you know if the "POOR MAN'S" is the name of the company, or does it have another significance?

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    It just means it's a bargain price.

Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.