Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Member New Bottler
    Most USA Nesbitt's ACL's do not list a local bottler on them, so please post pictures of yours.

Cool finds. Given my own interest in the France Region , I really liked the Bordeaux wine bottle...

Senior Member Bottle Master
    found some items swimming during the summer too , if you noticed my old posts . everything from an old ink well, coca cola bottles , an old local embossed bottle from 1900's . also found an old penny from 1913 in a park and an old bottle cap when metal detecting

I'd be interested in seeing any bottles you found that had Ottawa embossed on them or other nearby towns and cities

Will post tonight for sure, didn't know it could be rare.

I don't have one of the Ottawa Nesbitt's but I've seen them from time to time. Main reason I don't have one is because I don't like paying much for international brands and I've never found one in the wild. They aren't terribly rare but not super common either.
    Have you ever dived in the Rideau river? I never hear about people diving the Rideau, only the Ottawa. There's a spot on the Rideau (not the canal) that's quite likely got loads of hundred year old bottles, but it seems like it's hard to find stuff from that era in the Ottawa from what I've seen people posting in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    I don't have one of the Ottawa Nesbitt's but I've seen them from time to time. Main reason I don't have one is because I don't like paying much for international brands and I've never found one in the wild. They aren't terribly rare but not super common either.
    Have you ever dived in the Rideau river? I never hear about people diving the Rideau, only the Ottawa. There's a spot on the Rideau (not the canal) that's quite likely got loads of hundred year old bottles, but it seems like it's hard to find stuff from that era in the Ottawa from what I've seen people posting in the past.
    I dove in the Rideau a few times and will do more of them in the upcoming weeks. If you have areas you want me to cover, let me know. I'm having a lot of fun diving in town. Actually made local news last week, for diving for antiques and cleaning the river. Here are a couple videos from the Rideau.

https://youtu.be/eQfzNy01e20

https://youtu.be/Y-qoNbdoipQ

https://youtu.be/D-zRSukDuE8

Ok, I'm going home for lunch to get a picture of the Nesbitt.

Here is the Nesbitt from Ottawa. I have hundreds of other bottles I still have to clean out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180926213630_IMG_3417.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	184684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180926213642_IMG_3418 (1).jpg 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	184685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180926213653_IMG_3419.jpg 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	184686
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180926213630_IMG_3417.jpg  

Send you a PM, but yeah those spots you dove were the three spots I always wondered about. They definitely warrant return trips though, there must be more down there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by scubacanuck View Post
    Will post tonight for sure, didn't know it could be rare.

the Nesbitt is a neat find but its definitely not rare , in the sense of what would be considered a rare soda bottle . it was mass produced and I've definitely seen a few of them before

the rare soda bottles from Ottawa area would be pre 1940's ( embossed or art deco type bottles not the painted ones ) , as from what I know Pure Springs dominated so much after that , isn't much else from Ottawa in the 50's-70's time period

Send you a PM, but yeah those spots you dove were the three spots I always wondered about. They definitely warrant return trips though, there must be more down there somewhere.
    I agree with the keep searching , often I go back to places I've been before and find new things .

2 of my more interesting bottle finds this summer were in places I had been to multiple times in the past , the 1900's era Brown's spring water bottle was found near a dock I've swam near many times , the ink well was also found in a location I had been thru many times

and the 1913 penny was found in a park I've literally been to 100's of times , hidden near a rock not somewhere you'd expect to find a coin