found 2 - 50's era Pepsi Cola bottles on weekend

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
seem to be finding a lot of pepsi bottles so far this year , several no deposit bottles , a diet pepsi stubby , a 16 oz swirl and standard size swirl bottles among the pepsi bottle's I've found .

but this weekend I found 2 of the 50's era pepsi cola bottles , which are fairly common but seemed odd to suddenly find 2 the same weekend , both of which still had a fair bit of colour left

the first bottle I found on Saturday in a small wooded area near an older parking lot , it was buried in the dirt and well hidden which might explain why the label is mostly still there . on bottom " pepsi cola company of Canada 1956 "

the second bottle I found in a park on sunday but I don't know where it was found in the park . as I actually found it poking from the trash bin . assuming a tourist found it and decided it was too dirty so they left it there . ( much dirtier when found , I cleaned it up a fair bit )

don't know where they would of found it in that park , but it saw some flooding this spring so it could of been revealed that way .

on bottom ' pepsi cola company of Canada 1959 "

on difference between the 2 , I noticed was " pepsi " on top of the back in red on the 56 bottle

DSC02047.jpgDSC02049.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Funny you posted this, I was just mentioning on my post about the posibility of a 59 in this style..lol, so what is the month code?

RCO

Reaction score
Funny you posted this, I was just mentioning on my post about the posibility of a 59 in this style..lol, so what is the month code?

3 ( on top ) , 15 - 1959 and 1 , Dominion logo and 9

wasn't even thinking as to what year they switched from this bottle to the swirl bottle , assuming the 59 was near the end ?

Screwtop

Reaction score
Wait...these things have a year and month code? I found one in Virginia not to long ago. I would like to find out the age.

Oh, and very nice bottles by the way!

Canadacan

Reaction score
3 ( on top ) , 15 - 1959 and 1 , Dominion logo and 9

wasn't even thinking as to what year they switched from this bottle to the swirl bottle , assuming the 59 was near the end ?

So that '1' is actually a line, first line in the box code representing Jan/Feb, so my swirl is dated July/Aug 1959...so it's narrowed down pretty good, anyways always neat to confirm the final year of a bottle run!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Wait...these things have a year and month code? I found one in Virginia not to long ago. I would like to find out the age.

Oh, and very nice bottles by the way!
These are Canadian Pepsi's and have the year and month code. Many of the USA bottles have at least the year code, not sure about month, Bottles from Illinois glass had a pretty good code system.

RCO

Reaction score
my streak of finding Pepsi's has come to an end , yesterday I found an old 7up bottle from the 60's ( on a property not very far from where I live in some leaves ) , actually not in bad condition either from Toronto Ontario

RCO

Reaction score
here is a picture , shield design , 10 oz from seven up Ontario limited Toronto
DSC02057.jpgDSC02059.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger