Senior Member Bottle Master

Hinds Beverages Orillia embossed bottle

I ran across this bottle on the weekend , found it at a street market , vendor there has bottles and I've known him for years . but never knew he had this bottle , in fact don't recall ever seeing it before despite the fact its local to my area .

its for " Hinds Beverages Orillia " , if you've seen my posts over the years , have posted some other bottles from this bottler . is some acl's from the 50's and even early aqua style bottles . this one has a 20's or 30's era look to it , neat look with the lettering the way it is , is a small crack on the side , near the 7 oz part .

it would seem to be am uncommon variation for this bottler , if I've never seen it before as I've seen a lot of Hinds bottles over the years . and I have at least 8 other Hinds bottles but never seen this one before .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02106.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	189531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02111.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	189532

I've never seen that one either, though that's not surprising since Orillia is a fair way from me. Definitely looks like an early one, I think you're right about 20s or 30s, and probably not the latter half of the 30s either.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    I've never seen that one either, though that's not surprising since Orillia is a fair way from me. Definitely looks like an early one, I think you're right about 20s or 30s, and probably not the latter half of the 30s either.
    Orillia is a small area so not a lot of people would encounter Orillia bottles in the wild , some Hinds bottles show up at the Toronto bottle show but I've never seen anything similar to this one before

almost has to be from the 20's or 30's era but according to my book this company used the following names

F P Hinds and son ( 1901-1929
    F P Hinds and Sons ( 1928-1940 )
    Hinds Beverages ( 1939 -1944 )
    Hinds Beverages Ltd ( 1945-1964 ) then must of went out of business or bought out

the name on the bottle would seem to fit into 1939-1944 period

Hmm I'd be pretty shocked if that bottle is from the WWII era. It's possible that they were labeling their products as "Hinds Beverages" while still being called F P Hinds and Sons officially.

I found this Hinds bottle swimming a couple years ago , is a picture of a complete one I have as well . want to say that it was found with or nearby 30's era bottles

the company name on the bottle is F P Hinds and Son

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hindsPC.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	189546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hindsOrillia.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	189547