An Orange Crush Bottle of A Different Shape

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Northlandfox

Reaction score
I found this Spiral Orange Crush bottle a few months back. I have been collecting and studying Orange Crush bottles for several years now, and I have never seen this variety of Orange Crush bottles before. I am guessing it is one of the later bottle designs, probably Regional, from the 1970s. ALC is similar to that shown on the Canadian bottle Fig 18, page 90 of Michael Rosman's book "Krinkly to Mae West."

I am wondering if anyone else has come across a bottle like this one.
This article talks about James Nash who developed a stippled pattern "suggesting the skin of the sun ripe orange that went into the making of Orange Crush" that looks like that. Almost like an orange peel around the bottle. Time period 60'-70's https://www.angelfire.com/yt/soda/Rosman-OC-MaeWest.html

Initially mention draped bottles with the stipple yet about 3/4 down they talk about the entire bottle although the pictures aren't that good. Seems closest to it. Just have to match shape, label, type.

One listing online calls it a bubble grip but looks the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240329_191427_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329_191427_Chrome.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 21

mrosman

Reaction score
Ray, your spiral bottle with the stippling is certainly unique and one that I have never seen before. It does have some resemblances to the Canadian bottle shown on p.90, Fig.18 of my book, but only in the diagonal of the word Crush. There is a hint of stippling but certainly not that spiral configuration in your bottle. There are as well other differences eg. bilingual, flowers etc. Your bottle is certainly unique and an uncommon to rare find. Await other opinions.... Mickey

RNorwood

Reaction score
This article talks about James Nash who developed a stippled pattern "suggesting the skin of the sun ripe orange that went into the making of Orange Crush" that looks like that. Almost like an orange peel around the bottle. Time period 60'-70's https://www.angelfire.com/yt/soda/Rosman-OC-MaeWest.html

Initially mention draped bottles with the stipple yet about 3/4 down they talk about the entire bottle although the pictures aren't that good. Seems closest to it. Just have to match shape, label, type.

One listing online calls it a bubble grip but looks the same.
Thank you for your reply and interest in this bottle.

RNorwood

Reaction score
Ray, your spiral bottle with the stippling is certainly unique and one that I have never seen before. It does have some resemblances to the Canadian bottle shown on p.90, Fig.18 of my book, but only in the diagonal of the word Crush. There is a hint of stippling but certainly not that spiral configuration in your bottle. There are as well other differences eg. bilingual, flowers etc. Your bottle is certainly unique and an uncommon to rare find. Await other opinions.... Mickey
Thank you Mickey, it is always satisfying to receive an opinion from the most knowledgeable. Your book has been a guide for me since I first began collecting Orange Crush.

easterner

Reaction score
I found this Spiral Orange Crush bottle a few months back. I have been collecting and studying Orange Crush bottles for several years now, and I have never seen this variety of Orange Crush bottles before. I am guessing it is one of the later bottle designs, probably Regional, from the 1970s. ALC is similar to that shown on the Canadian bottle Fig 18, page 90 of Michael Rosman's book "Krinkly to Mae West."

I am wondering if anyone else has come across a bottle like this one.

Attachments

• 20240330_170853.jpg
    20240330_170853.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 25

RNorwood

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this image. Forum member "BubbasDad" reported having one of the Diet Spiral bottles, and here is one in your picture. If you ever would like to sell the "Diet" bottle, I would like to know. I also appreciate your mentioning that the bottle caps indicate Michigan as the state of manufacture. "BubbasDad" is located in South Carolina. I am in North Carolina, and no one I know has ever seen the Spiral bottle. I don't think this bottle was distributed nationwide and was likely only in use for a short time.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen