Member New Bottler

Partial makers mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190803_210851_309.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	189585

It did it again....I had a whole question thing with description and then lost it when i loaded the pic.

Oh well, just curious about this makers mark. Can anyone tell me who it is? Partial of a weight scale with the number 8 centered above it.
    Last edited by Lori Lyons; 08-03-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    • Scales (embossed image showing a pair of weighing scales)…………. Trademark used by McKesson & Robbins, a pharmaceutical / drug company. Originally Olcott & McKesson of New York City, founded in 1833. Business name was changed to McKesson & Robbins in 1853. Other name changes/mergers over the years, currently (2017) known as McKesson Corporation. Many bottles and jars with this design on the bottom seem to be products of Owens-Illinois Glass Company. Often seen in bright emerald green or “Seven-Up green” glass. I don’t have a timeline when this mark was used on containers, but most of the examples I’ve come across seem to be from the 1930s-1960s era.

From http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-5/

Member New Bottler
    Oh thank you. This one was driving me insane out of curiosity. I thought squibb at first, but then that didnt match up. Using broken pieces in a craft project and saw it. Time line is spot on for the junk pile.
    Thanks again.

Senior Member Bottle Master GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    That same thing has happened to me also. Lately I load the pic first.

"Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"