Assistance with ID'ing two insulators

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Insulators are certainly not a topic I'm particularly knowledgeable and I'd like to eventually learn more about I.D.'ing them. Currently I just end up taking any insulator that I find that's in good shape, and these two came back from my adventures of the last summer. Any help confirming the I.D's and prices would be appreciated! Both are made of glazed porcelain it seems.

#1 - I have a pair of these, pulled from the remnants of the pole they were on. This one has a makers mark, while the other does not. Appears to maybe be 'LH' ? 3.5" tall, about 5.5" diameter. It's an over the top from what I can tell, and the closest I've found is U-722A - https://www.nia.org/general/porcelain/unipart/u722a.htm

image3 (2).jpeg
image2 (2).jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg
image0 (8).jpeg

#2 - only this one, and it's a much smaller. Roughly 3.25" tall by 3.25" diameter. No marks on it at all. It's a "side tie" style with an extended skirt - the closest I can find is U-290 - https://www.nia.org/general/porcelain/unipart/u290.htm

image6 (3).jpeg
image5 (1).jpeg
image4 (1).jpeg

Are these the right I.D.'s or do I have a mistaken identity? Also, if anyone is familiar with insulator prices, please let me know. From what I understand, since these are pretty basic and in a basic color, they're not particularly valuable.

Fenndango

Reaction score
First ones a Lapp.

Second looks like a Thomas glaze but I'm not sure.

Not particularly valuable.

hemihampton

Reaction score
they have a Bennington look to them? Leon.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
First ones a Lapp.

Second looks like a Thomas glaze but I'm not sure.

Not particularly valuable.
Yup, completely skipped that one because of the huge ink stamp on the NIAA example. Certainly this one. Thanks!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen