1/2 pint mason question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jvharp

Reaction score
I have noticed the 1/2 pint mason jars going for a pretty good sum of money here lately. I'm not a huge jar collector but I don't understand why they are all of a sudden so valuable. Can someone enlighten me on this please?

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi jvharp,

Not all 1/2 pints bring a lot of money. A few do, most don't. The blue 1/2 pint Perfect Mason with dropped a and underscore usually sell around a hundred bucks. Believe it or not, the clear ones from the same time frame are actually more scarce but only sell for $5-$10.

There are a lot of people that collect only half pints and I suspect that is what is driving the price of any particular jar. Some are just "cute". I have recently acquired some very odd Ball widemouth half pints, they are the same diameter and circumference as a quart widemouth jar, but only about 2 inches tall.

Bob Clay

jvharp

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. I have sold a few in the past (not on ebay) but only around $10 - $15 each and now I'm seeing them go for $75 and up on ebay. I'm not a huge jar collector but some of those jars on ebay aren't worth that much to me. I was just wondering why all of a sudden the price increase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960