100 bottles dug in Key West in 1962 Capsoda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Cappy,

Someone contacted me at the mrbottles site asking if I know anyone that would want to buy the items as described in the title line. Are you interested?

Let me know my brotha atha struga!

Steven

sociafarms

Reaction score
1910 MERCURY BOTTLE MADE BY AMERICAN THERMOS

I AM NEW TO YOUR FORUM AND HATE TO START WITH A QUESTION BUT HAVE REALLY ENJOYED SOME OF THE CONVERSATIONS. YOU SOUND LIKE A REALLY FUN GROUP. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING BOTTLE FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS NOW MAINLY JUST FOR LOOKS DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. I RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS ONE AT A GARAGE SALE BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY DIFFERENT DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT THE FACT IT WAS MADE IN 1910 OR 1911 HAS A STEEL CASE THAT COMES UNSCREWED WITH A MERCURY BOTTLE INSIDE AND A METAL LID WITH CORK AROUND IT.

madpaddla

Reaction score
RE: 1910 MERCURY BOTTLE MADE BY AMERICAN THERMOS

Welcome to the forum. Tons of nice folks here. That Wis site is amazing. Wish all states had it.
Madpaddla

capsoda

Reaction score

Hey Steven, It has been a while bud. Hope all is well up in the great northern wasteland. How is the little bottle digger and mom? I check in on you guys up there every once in a while just to make sure Bob is behaving. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Not prepaired to buy at the moment. Too many irons in the fire and not enough time to use them all. This retirement crap is hard work. [sm=lol.gif]

mrbottles

Reaction score

Hey Cappy,

The kicker is they were dug in 1862 from a dump that had been closed 8o years. (1962 my mistake!!!) That means we are in the 1880's and earlier range. Could be a serious collection? I will see if I can get some pictures. If I do I’ll get back to you. We may have to figure a way out to get it done. Could be some of t he those famous deck clearing weapons from eBay or a Florabami Pepsi. Things are good with the lad, he is a funny kid. Never stops moving, rarely cry’s and laughs all the time. How is it down in the swamp? I always thought retirement was about sleeping and spending and watching football. That reminds me have you heard about the Packers this year? HOOOOOOOOOO rah.

Check Eli out;

P.S. Eli's liitle brother or sister will be here in June!

Attachments

• 2B92CD5D87FC40298F8EAE8498CFD720.jpg
    2B92CD5D87FC40298F8EAE8498CFD720.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 62

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyGuy73