$1500 paper label coke hutchinson

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6196491422&category=39500&rd=1

What do yall think about this. Is it Real?
Brian

Mk27604.jpg

digdug

Reaction score
It is hard to say if it is original. The diamond label has been reproduced many times through the years. Plus-you can still buy original labels that have not been used. I can't really tell from the photos at ebay if it is a reproduction label. I would spend my money on an embossed Coca-Cola hutch before I would on a paper label. I love the internet, but I am still the type of person that if I am going to buy something 'rare' I've got to see it in person.

BARQS19

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no paper labeled hutch. It is probably something made up. Allen Petretti contacted a buddy of mine about two "rare" coke hutchinsons one time. Problem was these were debossed, other words someone did a good job at making them by etching the lettering into the glass. All bottles back then were embossed. He has pictures of that same bottle in his new Coca Cola book. Most of those paper labels were on the SS cokes. As a kid I use to tear off those foam labels off of soda bottles or play with my dad's beer labels once they became soaked in the cooler and came off. I would stick the labels on other stuff. Maybe this is what happened. A kid 100 years ago playing around.
Robert
BARQS19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85