1923 Coke "Ventura" w/ an "E" instead of an "A" - rare?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Was at an an older gentleman's house today, who has been collecting for nearly 50 years.

At any rate, I happened to be going through some of his bottles that he was willing to sell to me for cheap. I came across a dark green 1923 Coke with "VENTUR E" embossed on the bottom. It's supposed to be "VENTURA." He didn't even realize that he had such a bottle, until I pointed it out to him.

Is this rare? Has anyone ever heard of something like this? Please help!

epackage

Reaction score
Bill Porter is the Coke King, here's his Facebook Page link, you might want to contact him. He loves talking all things Coke....Good Luck....Jim

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9767861815/#!/oldcokes

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, epackage.

I am going to be leaving my "home base" computer for 3 weeks starting tomorrow night. I won't have time to do anything until I get back. Thanks again.

epackage

Reaction score
I'll see if I can find something out for you...

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
I didn't have my camera on me, or I would have tried to take a picture of it. However, it was the first time I had been to his house, so I wouldn't have wanted to seem rude or too upfront about things.

He has tons of stuff!

epackage

Reaction score
I sent him a message with your post in it, I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow, I'm sure he'll have all the details, and if he doesn't you might be in the money...[8D]

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I sent him a message with your post in it, I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow, I'm sure he'll have all the details, and if he doesn't you might be in the money...[8D]

Oh crud, that bottle was just sitting outside in a junk pile of scratched up bottles. He was going to research it himself, but if I offer cold hard cash, I'm sure he'll bite. He has WAY too much stuff!

Trouble is, I can't get back there until the first weekend of September at the earliest. I should mention that the bottle isn't mint by any means. It has a few small dings in the usual places, and outside scratches, but still, I liked it a lot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen