2 days of bottle digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Well, I spent 2 days of bottle digging and here's what I got. The best thing that came out of this place so far was a Sprague's Cream top, worth around $100! My buddy found that.
008-3.jpg

On the bottom of the plate, it is stamped with this. "International China/ Trenton, N.J."
009-3.jpg

The embossed bottles section, a 1926 Orange Crush from Braceville, IL, A whiskey bottle with that one guy on it, I can't remember his name. Wilkerson?? A Hellman's Blue Ribbon Jar, and a Watkins from Winona, Minn. with the original cap.
010-2.jpg

Lastly, we found about 40 of these tokens by a broken Mason Jar. Any idea on what they were from, age value?????? Thanks for any information provided and any posts posted[;)]
012-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Trade tokens are cool Brandon, you're gonna need to do some research of the local area you dug them in to find a business that may have used them.....Keep plugging away and thanx for the great pic's.....Jim

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
No problem. The only thing I wish was that it actually had a name an not "K".

epackage

Reaction score
I hear ya, an address would be nice too...[:mad:]

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
That's why I kept it. It's a shame theres a chip missing but of it but it's whole and that's what matters.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Nice finds!

The only undamaged plate I ever dug in my dump is also from Trenton! That's kind of funny. Mine is from the Greenwood China company. It's a plain, boring, white one with some strange blue stains on it. Mine's 1880's. It makes you wonder how it got there. I'm sure 99% of pottery was discarded because it was broken. So why did they throw out a whole plate?

BB8A0D61257B4DB18CDF20E5AEA3BCD0.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Could have come out of a local hotel or cafe/restaurant that closed up Connor..

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That makes more sense than you realize. All the other (broken) plates and china I found were all extremely fancy. I'm sure the richy Riches still lived the high life in Montclair in the 1800's, so they used all the best tableware. The only non-household places that would've likely used such a drab, utilitarian plate as this were restaurants or hotels, like you said. Another piece of the puzzle of my dump solved... This also makes sense, considering I've found many broken wine glasses and beer mugs.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter