2 new older soda water bottles from Ottawa Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
a couple more bottles from my weekend trip out to eastern Ontario , well the one I actually found online and other at same antique store I found other bottle for $3 .the tally ho I found thru another collector and he had no use for the bottle so I bought it off him , its in good condition and has a nice light green colour to it. it like dates from 1914-20's era I would suspect as company operated during that time . I haven't really seen any other bottles from this company so don't know much more about it .the R Irvine Ltd I found in a box of junk bottles and only paid $3 for it , however it is a really old bottle even though it looks more like a clear plain 10 oz bottle , book lists company as operating from 1906-1911.

Attachments

• 7ca2ab91c4b04727bbb1509cab7ff345.jpg
    7ca2ab91c4b04727bbb1509cab7ff345.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 83f040aef2bc406294b749598813149d.jpg
    83f040aef2bc406294b749598813149d.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 149

Canadacan

Reaction score
Great pick ups!....It's amazing how many companies used those generic bottles, you can see that extra mold seam across the shoulder for the interchangeable face plate. My King Edward Soda Water Company from Yorkton, Sask. is the same style.That'd be cool if there was a bottle archive for each bottle design showing all the companies that used it.

RCO

Reaction score
Canadacan said:
Great pick ups!....It's amazing how many companies used those generic bottles, you can see that extra mold seam across the shoulder for the interchangeable face plate. My King Edward Soda Water Company from Yorkton, Sask. is the same style.That'd be cool if there was a bottle archive for each bottle design showing all the companies that used it.

I have noticed that during my time collecting that a lot of Canadian bottles are the same bottle just different names on them , seems to be a couple major companies that made a lot of the bottles here.

RCO

Reaction score
CanadianBottles said:
I like that Irvine, never seen that variation (though I have a similar bottle with larger embossing). This is the only other Tally-Ho bottle that I know of, though I've never seen one in person: http://bouteillesduquebec.ca/bouteilles_ottawa/tally_ho.htm The aqua ones are much more common, I think.

tally ho lasted until early 40's according to book so that bottle is likely older than mine , I haven't really seen any other tally ho bottles either .the R Irvine I found at same store as pure spring , I don't think they knew much about bottles and had likely found a box at a yard sale and put it out for sale . I don't think they realised how old it was either as some might think it was never than 1910 era if they weren't familiar with company .

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Until the 40's?! That's weird, I've never seen a Tally-Ho bottle that recent. Maybe they were either using generics by that point or only dealt in fountain drinks.

Bruce A. McDonald

Reaction score
Hi: Would the Tally Ho bottle be still available. I would be interested in buying it from you.
Thanks Bruce McDonald

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
a couple more bottles from my weekend trip out to eastern Ontario , well the one I actually found online and other at same antique store I found other bottle for $3 .the tally ho I found thru another collector and he had no use for the bottle so I bought it off him , its in good condition and has a nice light green colour to it. it like dates from 1914-20's era I would suspect as company operated during that time . I haven't really seen any other bottles from this company so don't know much more about it .the R Irvine Ltd I found in a box of junk bottles and only paid $3 for it , however it is a really old bottle even though it looks more like a clear plain 10 oz bottle , book lists company as operating from 1906-1911.
I know I never stop talking about my local stuff, but the embossing on that Tally-Ho really reminds me of one of my hutches. Same color and everything. Neat bottle!
Screenshot_20210502-152845_Instagram.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler