32 oz. green bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

quicksilver

Reaction score
I found 3, 32 oz. bottles Christmas green in color. They have the words "Not To Be Refilled" at the top and "No Returns" "No Deposit" around the mid-part of the bottle. The Owens date is 1968/1969. I think these are sodas. Let me know for sure and their approximate value.

Matt

Bluebelle

Reaction score
In between the time that most all sodas were sold in returnable deposit bottles and the time they were bottled in plastic like now, there was a period when a lot were produced in those non-refillable, non-returnable glass bottles. '68-69 sounds about right. The glass was thinner than the returnables and apparently not made to stand up to additional trips through the bottling process. I remember there were some incidents of them actually exploding on store shelves. I don't recall how many years they were used,but they were very very commom at the time, so may not have much value. On the other hand, maybe not that many survived.

Bixel

Reaction score
Up here in Canada we see some of the no return/refund, not to be refilled bottles in the very thin glass. They come in pepsi, coke, mountain dew, and some other maybe...... sprite? I just picked up a mountain dew last weekend which is probably the hardest of the ones I have seen to get your hands on.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1