4,000 miles, one graduation, one bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
thanks Joe. We are SO HAPPY to be home. It was wonderful to see family and friends but with the gas prices that will not be happening again soon. Our old Toyota van gets good gas mileage but, with gas prices the way they are, even good mileage is a killer. From Louisiana to Abilene and back to Wisconsin we were pulling a small trailer that cut the mpg in half. Ouch.
I could have bought a nice bottle with the money we spent every time we filled up...and we filled up a lot.
Hope you and Lauren are well and enjoying the spring.

jays emporium

Reaction score
What is the date for the National Bottle Show?

June 25-26 at Cook Convention Center in Memphis.
Yes, I know that shop in La Vernia. They have a lot of bottles but mostly junkers, but I did buy a nice ACL Hornet Tulia, Tx soda bottle there one time for $12 that sold for about $75.
Jay

RedGinger

Reaction score
Great bottles, Melinda. I love the apothecary bottles, too. Glad you had a safe trip. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation.

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

What is the date for the National Bottle Show?

June 25-26 at Cook Convention Center in Memphis.
Yes, I know that shop in La Vernia.  They have a lot of bottles but mostly junkers, but I did buy a nice ACL Hornet Tulia, Tx soda bottle there one time for $12 that sold for about $75.
Jay

Hum...I will be there that weekend or the one before...I need to check out those dates!
He did have a lot of bottles but nothing very interesting. There was one big medicine bottle, at the back of a locked cabinet and behind a bunch of other bottles, that looked interesting but I couldn't be bothered. There were some apothecary bottles way up high on a shelf but the prices I could make out from that distance were a bit too much.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Nice post Melinda, I'm lovin spring and our oldest is home from her second year, great to have her back! Congrats!

rockbot

Reaction score
Congratulations for a job well done Melinda! As parents we don't always take the time to pat ourselves on the back. know what I mean. [;)]

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Nice post Melinda, I'm lovin spring and our oldest is home from her second year, great to have her back! Congrats!
great to have her back

I know what you mean. We pick Josh up from college this weekend. Becca will be home from her internship in about 5 weeks. I will have all my chicks home, at least until the fall. What a joy it is to have them around.

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

Congratulations for a job well done Melinda! As parents we don't always take the time to pat ourselves on the back. know what I mean. [;)]
I think instead of the pat on the back we usually just take a deep breath!
While society is much more accepting of home schooling now than they were when we started 18 years ago we were told many times that our kids would not be prepared for the "real" world or college. We always believed that was a lot of baloney but there was always that little voice that nags at you saying, "They are right".
The little voice went away after her first semester.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks