$40,000 Barrel for a $1 !!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
it is a very nice bottle but what kind of bottle collector has $ 40,000 for 1 bottle . i can barely stomach $ 20 for a bottle on ebay yet alone consider making that kind of a purchase .

as for thrift stores never seen many bottles for sale at ours , i did find a nice local ACL pop bottle a few months back at a junk store , i paid $ 1 and its worth around $ 20 as its rare bottle . some of those lower end stores know very little about bottles which is why bargains can be found

pabottles

Reaction score
It happens on occasion. I picked up a light green pitken flask at a yard sale for 50 cents . The older fella asked me if Iwas gonna use it to store whiskey in it...I said no and walked away happier than a clam LOL. It was pontiled how rare it was I don't know. I gave it to my girlfriend (at the time)and God knows where it is now.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RCO

it is a very nice bottle but what kind of bottle collector has $ 40,000 for 1 bottle
The kind who appreciates it's rarity and who is banking on the fact very few will be found in the future so he can always get his investment back, and maybe then some...[;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RCO

it is a very nice bottle but what kind of bottle collector has $ 40,000 for 1 bottle . i can barely stomach $ 20 for a bottle on ebay yet alone consider making that kind of a purchase .

as for thrift stores never seen many bottles for sale at ours , i did find a nice local ACL pop bottle a few months back at a junk store , i paid $ 1 and its worth around $ 20 as its rare bottle . some of those lower end stores know very little about bottles which is why bargains can be found

The people that by these high end bottles drop money on glass like its monopoly $$. I wish I was in that game then I might by some bottles,it would be more fun.[8D] If money was no object,can you imagine ------------------------------

Bottleman

Reaction score
It does happen. I picked this bottle up 13 years ago for $5 at a thrift store in Lancaster, PA. Here is a link to a post I made some years ago about it.

$5 Goodwill Bottle Find of a Lifetime

F7914E99F6294074BD5FE9FE21BAADBF.jpg

Attachments

• F7914E99F6294074BD5FE9FE21BAADBF.jpg
    F7914E99F6294074BD5FE9FE21BAADBF.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 76

andy volkerts

Reaction score

Collectors like Ferdinand Meyer of Peachridge Glass fame, by the way met him at Downieville and you couldnt ask for a more down to earth nice guy, even if he is worth millions.....

KBbottles

Reaction score
This is absolutely incredible!!!! Plenty of high end bottle collectors out there for sure that will go for this. Especially those that are savvy and smart investors. It really doesn't take much of an initial annual investment to build up a rather nice portfolio over time.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4