40 Boxes of Antique Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
I am a little in the dark with the Antique bottle market. We have 40 boxes of Antique bottles. There is a huge range; unfortuneately my knowledge is very limited. We would like to sell the lot. Could anybody point me in the right direction?
Regards Kim

Kim

Reaction score
Just a pic to get an idea

Nl30525.jpg

Picture turned through 90° - Admin

Attachments

• Nl30525.jpg
    Nl30525.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 101

IRISH

Reaction score
In a word, eBay [;)] it is a world market and if you don't know what a item is worth start it at a few dollars and wait and see.
Have a good look around here to get an idea how to word the auction and what is worth listing and what is not, anything you are not sure about just ask here [:D] .

http://pages.ebay.com/buy/index.html?ssPageName=h:h:cat:US

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Kim and welcome to the Forum. If I were you, I would take a little time and go through your boxes before you just sell them as a lot. There are many books out there with pictures and prices. There are also many very knowledgeable forum members who can help and who have their own helpful web sites. Most bottles without embossment do not command a high monatary value. Colors other than clear or aqua usually will bring more. Chips, cracks, ect. will take away from the bottle. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule. I would hate to see you sell the whole lot for x amount of dollars, when one bottle COULD be worth 5 times that amount. I would suggest any bottle that looks unique to you , or has a funny looking base to you, or embossment on it, would be worth a picture on this forum and some research in a few books. This of course is just my opinion. Good luck, Kelley

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
Slimdigger, We are located in NSW Australia. Kelley thanks for the help. A lot of the bottles are embossed and there are ink wells. I thought I'd post a pic of some different kinds of bottles etc.. Irish, where abouts are you in OZ?
Thanks heaps
Regards Kim

Sq46923.jpg

Picture reduced in size - Admin

Attachments

• Sq46923.jpg
    Sq46923.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 105

Kim

Reaction score
And another pic

Ec87768.jpg

Picture reduced in size - Admin

Attachments

• Ec87768.jpg
    Ec87768.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 105

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hey kim, good to see another aussy on the forum good luck selling the bottles as irish said ebays the place to sell .by for now ken[:D]

Kim

Reaction score
Maybe beer etc..

Mk25272.jpg

Attachments

• Mk25272.jpg
    Mk25272.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 104

pkokich

Reaction score
wow 40 boxe's of bottles like that, I'm no expert but i'd say you've got a small mint there
You could try selling through Ebay. ?Im sure we'd like to see some more pic's. where did you get them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers