5 Bottles - What are they worth? Newbie

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pouffie

Reaction score
A friend just inherited a boatload of old dug bottles (milk, soda, fruit jars, etc) and she wants me to sell them for her. These are just a few of them and I don't know if they're worth selling or not. Hoping one of you could tell me. I haven't tried cleaning them yet. Let me know if you have any ??? or need more pics. Thank you.

They are left to right:

Philip Walker - Chester PA (w/porc stopper)
NuGrape (w/old marble stuck in top)
Fidelio Brewery - New York
Sun Spot/High Rock
Green Spot Fruit-Ade

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Also threads concatenated - Please do not post a description in one thread and the picture in another. Thank you - Admin

Yw68282.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68282.jpg
    Yw68282.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 91

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi do you have any Barq's rootbeer bottles or Moon-Glo? What you ought too do is make up a list and put it on here starting with bottles that have names on them that looks like it took a cork. Then make up a list of bottles that have names on them that looks like it took a bottle cap. Then list jars that have names on them. Then whoever collects that type of bottle or jar can let you know what their worth. The reason I told you to start with those three is those are probably the most popular. Most screw top bottles are worthless. And most bottles without a name on it is not worth as much as one with a name but that is not always true so if you have one that is pretty bizarre list it as well. If anyone else has suggestions or needs to correct me please do.
Robert

pouffie

Reaction score
Thanks Robert. As soon as I can get thru ALL those bottles I will make a list and post it. I'll let you know if I come across and Barq's or Moonglo.

BARQS19

Reaction score
The Nugrape is a pretty interesting bottle. I've had a taller version and got $20 for mine so that is probably what this one is worth. Also on any bottle condition matters, even a slight chip or a faded painted label will drive most buyers away. The Green Spot and Sun Spot are common bottles, like $2-$5 each, I've had a bunch myself. The other two bottles are beer bottles as for the price of them I'm not sure, you'll have to ask one of the collectors from up north.
Robert

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green Mountain Mom