7 up 8 bubble bottle found swimming

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i recently pulled this one out of the lake , at my usual honeyhole location where I've found 100's of bottles over the years , although haven't been there much this year as I hadn't been finding much although apparently still stuff down there .

what I found was the 1930's era Canadian 8 bubble bottle from 7 up Ontario Toronto , unfortuenlty no paint left on it but can read what was there . is also some 7up embossing on the neck and bottom of bottle . which no other swim bottles have

only the second time I've found an 8 bubble bottle in the wild , took a picture of them together , can se there is more paint left on the other one I found several years ago . they both appear to have the same writing on the back .

DSC02148.jpgDSC02149.jpgDSC02150.jpgDSC02153.jpgDSC02154.jpgDSC02156.jpg

Raypadua

Reaction score
Great to have a honey hole that keeps offering up great pieces of history! How deep do you have to dive for this stuff?

RCO

Reaction score
Great to have a honey hole that keeps offering up great pieces of history! How deep do you have to dive for this stuff?

it was rate near the dock in maybe 10 ft or less of water , had to use a stick to find it though , hidden in the sand/bottom , you couldn't see it ( also found 2 broken coca cola's nearby with dates of 1936 on the bottom )

there is deeper areas I've never checked as I don't have dive gear , although not sure there is as much stuff in those areas as there not as close to dock , but could be bottles

Canadacan

Reaction score
Great find!...those darn Consumers glass (No date code)

RCO

Reaction score
Great find!...those darn Consumers glass (No date code)

even without a date code , we still have a pretty good idea when it would of been used , 8 bubble bottles would have to be from the mid to late 30's , that seems to be when they were used

Raypadua

Reaction score
Is the 8 bubble 7-up really rare? I just saw an ad for one near me and the guy was asking $25 for it. Great condition. Value or not?

RCO

Reaction score
Is the 8 bubble 7-up really rare? I just saw an ad for one near me and the guy was asking $25 for it. Great condition. Value or not?

what city was it from ?

not sure of the value , to be honest I haven't even seen the Toronto 8 bubble bottle for sale recently either online or at bottle show , but it definitely be worth more than a common swim bottle

not sure what mine would be worth due to condition . likely not much , although someone might still want it as an example or to possibly try and repaint ( just cause the bottle itself is so hard to find )

Canadacan

Reaction score
what city was it from ?

not sure of the value , to be honest I haven't even seen the Toronto 8 bubble bottle for sale recently either online or at bottle show , but it definitely be worth more than a common swim bottle

not sure what mine would be worth due to condition . likely not much , although someone might still want it as an example or to possibly try and repaint ( just cause the bottle itself is so hard to find )

A Canadian Toronto 8 bubble just sold Aug 5th 2019 for $51.00 Cad...USA 8 bubbles current sales one for $41cad with the white ACL neck and one embossed neck for $101 cad., the 8 bubble brown stubby ones are going for $85-$100cad.
So $25 seems really decent!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah if that's a Canadian 8-bubble then it's a pretty solid deal no matter what city it's from. If it's from any city other than Toronto it's a fantastic deal, those don't show up often at all.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264