A $200 bottlecap!!??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dshaneb

Reaction score
There is an early Coke bottle cap in the 1905 to 1910 era on ebay with a single piece cork insert that has made it to $200 on ebay!

Any bottle cap collectors out there that could shed some light on this? I actually won an early SS coke with a bottlecap on it that is coming in the mail. If the cap is original, will it be worth this much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20169&item=7154095827&rd=1

Shane

flasherr

Reaction score
Wow that is a great cap. I have never seen that one and I collect caps. it is not heard of for caps to exceed $100. the very first DR pepper cap king of beverages brought $186. You have to think caps are general discarded and not saved. Even today people toss bottle caps when they find them in estates, etc., it is very rare to find caps or atleast good caps a garage sales and flea markets. But don't get me wrong I have several cases of 10,000 caps plus but they sure Arnet like that. I probably have well over 100,000 caps including my caps in qty.
hope that helps
Brian

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP IT ENDED AT $366.61!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there are collectors and all, but give me a break.....some people just have too much money! Heres the cap from the auction

Qo39687.jpg

Attachments

• Qo39687.jpg
    Qo39687.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 88

dshaneb

Reaction score
Well, the cap on my Dallas, TX SS coke was a more common type I have seen on ebay. It has a red ring around the edge with (Caramel Colored) under the Coca-Cola line. It would have been cool to get one like this.

And that price is amazing! I paid less than $200 for a bottle that they have only around 40 existing in the world. This cap must be exceptionally rare.

Shane

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen