Compiling a list of known embossed Pharmacy/Druggist bottles from Jeffersonville & New Albany, Indiana

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DavidW

Reaction score
Hello,

This may or may not be the ideal place to do this, but, just for "documentation's sake" I am recording a list of all known CONFIRMED glass druggist bottles with RAISED LETTERING on the front, from druggists that operated in both Jeffersonville, and New Albany, cities in southern Indiana, located across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky.

These are names I have seen on actual bottles, by searching listings online, including listings from Worthpoint, etsy, and eBay. They are all in clear glass. (There may be more than one, or several, known variants, but I'm just listing the primary druggist name).

If you know of ANY druggist/apothecary/drugstore/pharmacy prescription bottles with the names embossed on the front of the bottle that are (or you believe they are) from either of these towns, and they are not in the list below, please PLEASE chime in! After a while, most of the posts on antique-bottles.net normally get indexed into the Google search engine database, so maybe as time goes on, other collectors / diggers will accidentally see this post and have more info to submit. I would guess that there are more out there that have not been recorded anywhere. I would really like to see if I can add any more druggist names to the list. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

BTW, there is a list of Louisville, KY druggist bottles (as recorded by Gene Blasi) in his book "Louisville's Early Medicine Bottles" (1992). He lists about 200 different druggists, and there are some more druggists names/bottles that he doesn't include in that book that exist. But I haven't seen a listing for Jeffersonville or New Albany anywhere. And I think this would be an interesting project for anyone to do - with other towns and cities around the country.

************************************************************************************************

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Howes & Perry / Druggists

Graham Bros / Druggists

New Albany, Indiana

Conner's Drug Store, Pearl & Spring Sts.

Chas B. Dorsey / Pharmacist

Eugene J. Endris / Druggist [no city name]

August Knoefel / Pharmacist

Chas D. Knoefel / Druggist [embossed lettering on a Dose Glass]

S. H. Owen / Druggist

Tom smith

Reaction score
I live in the Louisville area. If I ever find any that would be from the areas I will let you know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky