A Big Installment of Good Ole' Peoria, IL Bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, newly-christened Bixel, Joe and Connor! Blobs aren't exactly common here; most being buried in privies or old collections, but I've found a few nice ones over time.

Michael; the resources I use to determine "listed" status are relatively few, there are several excellent website/databases which a number of members here operate or contribute to, a few older and generally less reliable works, and then these books compiled and printed by the local bottle club:
396374_10101105967164750_1937295_68009549_918519865_n.jpg

400757_10101105966121840_1937295_68009547_799292023_n.jpg

The matter of rarity/value is determined by amalgamating consultations with learned and experienced elders with personal experience/book knowledge and observed sale prices, when available. "Unlisted" doesn't mean the item is rare or valuable; just because one size of milk or druggist isn't recorded, it doesn't necessarily reflect it's scarcity. Perhaps it was so familiar to the human authors that the bottle didn't warrant description, the author's resource pool was limited, or those possessing crates of "unlisted" examples were unaware of the drive to record them. With your experience you probably have an excellent sense already. Books and lists are a great resource, but one's eye and experiential database are at the least equally valuable.

edndlm - Thanks for your input, it is good to hear about these bottles from a different perspective. Those "trial size bottle" quick cures are extremely charming, I am glad to have dug one, a late-throw in a 1915ish layer, but its embossing was weaker than these 2 new ones.

Surf - Glad to know that I've partially redeemed myself! I do not know what the quadruple R's represent, though not due to a lack of inquest. Oughta consult some ole' timers. The firm was also known as "Dr. Reeder Family Medicine Co." and if you search, you can see that the company was responsible for at least one death due to their "Dr. Reeder's Pure and Unadulterated Jamaica Ginger" being spiked with methanol... Go figure. I'll be sure to take a series of pictures detailing the refurbishment of the sign; there is a nice piece lurking behind the grime and damage. Regarding its value I have no clue; the main appeal being the rescuing of a presumably scarce item from the landfill and oblivion, at least for a while.

Jim of NJ - Thanks, cobalt bottles from these parts are quite few and far between. Saw a cobalt druggist fetch 450 a while back, which is a bit more than i'm presently comfortable spending. Though it would be nice to be closer, would you equally welcome the extra competition? [;)]

Taylor - Post them up! you tend to find some cool stuff

Jim of PA - Thanks, those allaire woodwards also came in amber and clear glass and represent a respectable proportion of the "color" in my accumulation. After scanning across 100 clear items it is nice to see some royal blue in the mix.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I'll be sure to take a series of pictures detailing the refurbishment of the sign; there is a nice piece lurking behind the grime and damage. Regarding its value I have no clue; the main appeal being the rescuing of a presumably scarce item from the landfill and oblivion, at least for a while.

Hey Stephen,

Thanks. I look forward to seeing the process that you apply.

With your love of paper ephemera and books, I figure there has been a few swell additions on that front. Perhaps you haven't told us about, thinking we're too glass headed, or maybe not.

I wouldn't care a fig what value that Ed. Pinaud poster had. It's a wonderful image, and I'm excited that it's going to get some tender loving restoration. You just don't see enough La Belle Époque posters while tooling through the 21st Century...

4004376274_3c402944c3_o.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2