A collection of PDF''s. Manufactures and makers marks.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

foxfirerodandgun

Reaction score
Hi Rick & Carrie,
I'm not meaning to be argumentative at all (and I DO agree that glassmaker marks are VERY important and can help greatly with provenance and history of a bottle, and can make differences in the value of some bottles and jars), and I believe you are well-meaning, but I think it is rather odd that you posted attachments of the .pdf files (most or all have been available on the internet for several years) but you did not give any credit (or even a hint of an indication) as to who actually compiled the information and wrote the articles.

All of those articles were written by archeologist and glass manufacturing history researcher Bill Lockhart, along with information / input by a number of other researchers including Bill Lindsey, Peter Shultz, Beau Shriever, Carol Serr, Bob Brown, Jay Hawkins, Russ Hoenig and others, and (a few) with a tiny bit of feedback from myself (David Whitten).

None of those articles are a result of "your homework" or "your research". No offense intended at all, I just feel you should make it clear in your posts about who wrote those articles.

They are indeed a very good resource of background info on glass making and bottle manufacturers. And I am glad that you have saved them to this site. No one can know how long they will be saved at their current URLs, so this is good to have them indexed here and available for future research.
Personally, I would like to thank

foxfirerodandgun

Reaction score
Personally, I would like to thank Rick & Carrie for putting this information together in a user-friendly manner. It makes this so easy to "Bookmark" this thread for easy access in the future. I believe in the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". THANK YOU Rick & Carrie for your time & efforts in making this valuable information easily accessible to all.

Rick & Carrie

May your bottles be unbroken, and the haul short.
Reaction score
Personally, I would like to thank Rick & Carrie for putting this information together in a user-friendly manner. It makes this so easy to "Bookmark" this thread for easy access in the future. I believe in the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". THANK YOU Rick & Carrie for your time & efforts in making this valuable information easily accessible to all.
You're welcome. It was in that exact Spirit that we posted those PDF's; and quite frankly; I am surprised that this site does not have a section with such reference resources available.

DavidW

Reaction score
You're welcome. It was in that exact Spirit that we posted those PDF's; and quite frankly; I am surprised that this site does not have a section with such reference resources available.
There sorta is a section already - it has a place where anyone can post URLS to other webpages with historical, background information, charts, lists etc. When viewing this site home page, scrolling down a ways, it is located farther down on the page under "MISCELLANEOUS" forums.
It is here:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26