A few creek finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Got out the last few days, this little lot is what I got in two days floating around in two different creeks.
They are:
ABA (Abbotsford Brewery) crown seal beer, Shulke & Mayer Hamburg (Lysol), G.H. Bennett wrap top hop beer flag trade mark with the top off (very sad, it's a very good bottle that one), Amalgamated Dairies Nth Melb imperial Pint milk (base No.1) and two 1950's Coca-Cola's.

Not much chop but would have been a great dig if that Bennett's was complete [:mad:] .
Quite a few (50'ish) 1880's ring seal beers (like a champagne bottle) came out of one little patch too but none embossed.

Ig11410.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11410.jpg
    Ig11410.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 48

IRISH

Reaction score
Thanks Warren and John [:)] , I did not have any of them in my collection so at least I added a few (the coke's are good bottle show stock too).

Those Bennett's are damned hard to find complete, the crown seal variation is a bit more common but I think this one was a wrap top just by the look and the thinkness of the neck. I'll get one eventully, Oz-Riley pulled out a mint one a foot or two away from me a few years ago so I've been close [:D] .

madman

Reaction score
yo irish great finds!!! hey i tend to find alot of beers with just the top broken off , what gives ?? it makes me think after they drank the bottle they broke it off on the table???? or maybe they didnt have an opener lol mike

IRISH

Reaction score
The story I've heard is they used to just knock the top and all off to open them instead of un-wiring and de-corking, I've found sites with many hundreds of topless ring seal beers so it seems to be true, early black beers (goldfields beers) are often topped too. The odd tiny shard of glass must have done wonders for the insides of the drinker [:-] .

capsoda

Reaction score
When I was a kid we would pip them off and put them on a string and wear them like a necklace. Of course that was only clear glass no lable beers.

madman

Reaction score
hey irish thanks for the info, ive found some rare local beers with the top knocked off wow those europeans were rowdy!! lol yo cap that necklace sounds interesting happy new year mike

madman

Reaction score
here is the perfect example of what im talking about mike

Pn38037.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks