A few firsts:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well howdy! Long time no see. How you been? I'm so happy you're back!I saw those. The 4th is mine, but it is lacking the "97" on the back heel-- of course, I hardly noticed that either. I was wondering why the makers-mark was off-center so much. Looking about two inches around, I spot a "7", and the rest is history.
Thanks for the additional page!I found a beautiful Chas. H. Daniels tray circa 1911 online. The image was commonly used, it seems, but they changed the color scheme for this brewery.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Still on the topic of C. H. Daniels, I think we just compiled more information than Manistee's own records. Lol. I did that with Michigan Bottling Co. of Muskegon-- our local Museum was at a loss for it even after searching records. This thread's information is much thanks to SurfaceOne-- whom most of the members here knew and someone I'd love to have known, also the man who I come across in my research here which gives me many other leads to information I'd not otherwise find-- as well as our dear, recently-returned friend Sharon with her two site additions (including to an identical bottle as mine I hadn't seen,) and good Mr. Bruce Mobley with his Beer bottle Library, and let us not forget Micah from the link to another thread here I posted-- for an unlisted version of this bottle. Also, Nedra Evans of Manistee County Historical Museum for transcribing hand-written records online (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mimanist/ManRegDeathsDatabase1906Web.htm). Then, of course, most obvious but mostly easily-- and sadly-- forgotten: Everyone who helps keep this Forum up and running so such things can happen. My intent with so much information, as is common in many of my threads, is to build the most comprehensive and accurate compilation of data on such items for people in the future who will research these. Now, unless there is more to be found on the Daniels bottle, let us move onto the air-bomb, or "Torpedo-style" bottle. Questions posed: What decade is this one from, what did it bottle exactly, from where did it come from (city/glasshouse,) why can I only turn my finger one way in it, and what did it's labeled counterpart look like? Some cannot be answered, yet others I can make guesses on: 1880s British Ginger Ale import to the East Coast.

2find4me

Reaction score
Can't help much on that one, does it have any markings?Most likely dates from the late 19th century, maybe early 20th century.Looks like it has an applied top.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It's an applied blob, unmarked, a bit over 9.5 inches tall. I am quite sure it's pre-1900. I've seen many from 1900+.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
If it interests anyone, the United States Postal Service has both ignored me and refused to do anything.

nhpharm

Reaction score
With respect to shipping coins in normal envelopes, you might take more care in the future. A safe way to do this is to wrap the coin in tissue paper and tape it to a piece of full-sized folded paper in the envelope. If the coins are loose in the envelope, there are a number of ways they can get out considering most first class mail is never actually handled by a real person...I honestly doubt the coins were stolen...much more likely they are behind a piece of sorting equipment somewhere. USPS won't investigate unless there is a clear-cut crime and they won't reimburse you the money unless you insured the package.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Sadly, there isn't much you can do about the lost coins. Now, that Snow-Bear is awesome! Very well done!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583