Bull Dog Gin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
My son dug this flask on Sunday and I can't for the life of me figure out where it might be from. Usually stuff like this is pretty easy to track down because they are usually distributed pretty widely, but I can't find anything on this not can I find a record of this flask being ever sold or Worthpoint or anywhere else. Its damaged, but I'd really like to know where it is from. Dug here in Texas in a 1904-1908 context, probably closer to 1908. Besides the bulge in the neck, it is similar to the flasks we see from Houston from the Denver Buffet.

Attachments

• Bul Dog.jpg
    Bul Dog.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 57

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
... figure out where it might be from.
When there is no city or state in the embossing these are classified as MAVERICK. Label dependent as to the who the manufacturer would have been. Liquor was shipped all over the country so it could be from just about anywhere. Local... maybe, maybe not. Good luck in your research.

timeandabottle

Reaction score
I think it’s from the UK based on this Yahoo search I just did. Unfortunately the link isn’t good anymore. I think there’s an eBay UK where I bet you would find it. There is a current Bulldog Gin company there that I bet you could sell that bottle to for a sky-high price! Nice pictorial bottle!
FYI: I'm finding a few hits using Yahoo's search engine that don't show up on a Google search. This search is a good example of that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I think it’s from the UK based on this Yahoo search I just did. Unfortunately the link isn’t good anymore. I think there’s an eBay UK where I bet you would find it. There is a current Bulldog Gin company there that I bet you could sell that bottle to for a sky-high price! Nice pictorial bottle!
FYI: I'm finding a few hits using Yahoo's search engine that don't show up on a Google search. This search is a good example of that.

This is from the karaartman link sighted in the above post. With the author not citing their source, their conjecture is basically opinion and to be taken at face value. This person IS making ceramic molds from old bottles, making and selling these. The photo shows that they have made a mold from one of the BULL DOG bottles.
BULLDOG (all one word) GIN is being marketed today. No connection in my opinion.
1706725811405.png

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen