A.J. Flagg Bottle (Fake Label, eBay)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Be careful on this one. Newer (or fake) label applied to an earlier bottle. Andrew J. Flagg didn't register his trademark until 1878...and his bottles were embossed with his name. His earlier stuff was sold by him (out of Claremont, New Hampshire), then later on by the company on this label. Label has been distressed to look original. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331636103294?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

botlguy

Reaction score
Thank you for that heads up. Even though I wouldn't bid on that bottle I am HAPPY to see such fraud items exposed. We all need to do such service but MAKE SURE you are correct. Jim

Lordbud

Reaction score
Not only the paper is fake. An "unburied" bottle with an original label would not have "spotty haze" in the glass on *both* the outside and the inside, as the seller's description provides. I've seen ridiculous paper labels glued on sideways, glued to the wrong type of bottle, or glued to an obviously "been buried" bottle offered on ebay.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Yep-for sure. I am glad to see that this one did not fool most people and went for little money on eBay.

2find4me

Reaction score
When ever I see a bottle with a fake label I ask the seller "Nice bottle, where did you find the label?" Usually no response.

sunrunner

Reaction score
all the bottles I have with labels , which I've found in attics or basements never look sick . the glass is always clear .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960