A n00b question...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cc6pack

Reaction score
Bob

In NO way am I offended by your remark. As I said that's the way I do it. I just thought the more ideas the OP gets the better for him. I know this is not the norm for bottle shows, but it is for CW relic/ Gun shows, it's hard to change the way you are accustomed to doing business.

Yes I have sold things that I did not have a good idea what the real value was. I also remember the folks that did not treat me right and I no longer will do business with them, along with passing on how I was treated if someone asks me about them. I have also had some dealers banned from shows when they tried to pass of fake stuff, or lied about things that they were selling, or would not stand behind things they were selling.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Reallyrs, most of the dealers at that show are not going to know anymore about the rarity of that bottle than you did when you first showed it on here, just because Cleveland bottles are not in their area of expertise. If you brought that bottle to my table at a show I'd offer $50. thinking I might be able to get $100.-$150. for it but maybe it is common in Cleveland and only worth $50. You can take it and show it around but to get the most money for it you need to put it in some kind of auction, ebay or other. You could let your friend sell it on ebay for you on commission. 20% + fees is a common number. I wouldn't try it with 0 feedback, looks too suspicious.

reallyrs

Reaction score
GuntherHess, thank you for the link, I will try to call the # for Hecklers tomorrow, and see if they would be interested in listing this bottle for me. I have this nagging fear that there is something wrong with this bottle that I am for some reason not catching, and that if I sold it to someone that hadn't seen it, there would be some flaw that in my ignorance I had failed to mention. I'm not trying to scam or "Pull one over" on anyone, you know? And I appreciate all of the information I have gotten from everyone in this forum, and I REALLY appreciate all the post on the myriad topics I have sat and read through, there are very knowledgeable (and entertaining) people on this forum. I may also try the ebay listing thing, I will go check and see how much it costs to set up an ad, that would probably be cheaper than the gas to drive to that show anyway, and I fully agree with the comments others have left about ebay granting me access to a larger market. I wish there was a local, recognized bottle guru/ grader that i could have give me like a seal of approval or something though.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I'd pay $400 for it, if mint.It is not what I collect but its very nice. I am guessing this is about what West coast dealers would give,also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks