Adding vs Subtracting..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8|] You do realise by doing this you are adding something to the bottle that is not original to it?. I dont feel that coating bottles is anymore ethical than tumbling them. neither approach is the way to go without disclosure upon selling the item. having said this, the only advantage that I would place with coating, is it is at least somewhat removable or reversible, if done responsibly. I believe that tumbling is more a comfortable thing with collectors than coating, at least when done correctly. ......Andy

carobran

Reaction score
Personally I'd prefer coating over tumbling,Anybody ever tried to un-tumble a tumbled bottle? I don't think it would work out too good. I don't coat or tumble my bottles but I'd rather coat it and be able to reverse it if I or someone else wanted to than tumble it and never be able to bring back that glass that was polished away.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yes Andy, I do indeed realize all the potential negative implications of such a thing, that's why I started this post.

Anybody could figure this out on their own and sell their coated bottles to people who might not appreciate not having known in advance of purchase, and if I wanted to get away with that I wouldn't be sharing with the group.. if we are going to teach each other something, in this case how to coat a bottle, how we feel about coating bottles, and how to ID a coated bottle, it should happen here for all to see..

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D] I didnt mean to impune your reasons for the post. You asked about how we felt about the process, and I stated my feelings on the subject. I dont feel that either process is acceptable, especially on resold items without at least, disclosure........

cyberdigger

Reaction score
No worries Andy! Remember the razor blade trick at least.. [;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It will.. even a screwdriver would work...

...if anybody really hates the idea of even discussing this, click HERE

gotthefever

Reaction score
What a bunch of morons,coating bottles really???? That has to be the lamest idea I have heard in a long time. What a bunch of rookies.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well, this rookie moron thanks you for your eloquent opinion! [:)] Have a super day, sweetness!!

epackage

Reaction score
Mrs. Mulvaney must be so proud of her little bundle of bitterness...[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter