Amber American Queen pint

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MNJars

Reaction score
jaroadshow said:
Re - MNJars - In reference to doing a side by side comparison,of the Queen and an "Irradiated" jar,i already posted a Pic of an "Irradiated" jar.Did you even look at it?? Can you see a difference ???? Unless your Clinically Blind,or Colour Blind , you should be able to see a HUGE Colour difference ,If you can't,...you should probably QUIT Collecting Bottles altogether,as you will clearly NOT have a Clue what your Buying.There is NO COMPARISON.Take another look !! That "Sick/Putrid Colour the LOSERS are selling on Ebay,and Pawning off as "Amber","Topaz" ,Etc.. are Turning that GARBAGE Shade,because there was no Manganese in the Glass that would allow them to turn Purple.They ended up with some DOG VOMIT shade ,that Glass was NEVER made in.,so the LOSERS decided to Invent a NEW way to market their SCRAP that wouldn't go Purple.So,Look at the Irradiated Jar Pic i posted,and the Pic of the Queen jar,if you think they look the same,it would be a GOOD idea to get your eyes checked.

I think this is a little strong of a response to my post. I identified that your pictures were taken in bright sunlight and the other photo is in very diffused light. I can definitely see a difference so my eyes are fine, thanks. I just identified a possible reason for that difference. I'm NOT saying that I know better than you or anyone else. I truly hope your jar is a legit amber as that would be an exciting find indeed! A KantKrack lid in amber by itself would be a very good find. Tom

dygger60

Reaction score
(Tossing in my two cents) I have compared this jar to the examples that Tammy posted and a few I have and the jar does not have that...depth in the color, kinda hard to explain, and use the right term without offending someone...LOL Have you done any studies into the company and see if they did produce a presentation piece? I have never seen a KK lid in that color, and I have seen many many of them over the years....actually if not mistaken, I have never seen a KK lid in anything other than clear, but again, may be wrong on that also. However, if you do have one of the "hobby" guru's say it is the real deal, then you have a unique piece. Good luck on that..... David

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1