amber Pepsi bottle ???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

b0ttl3capgirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Can someone please help me with this? Did Pepsi really produce amber colored glass bottles? I want to know if these are legit Pepsi bottles or not & how can you tell if they are? A vendor at a local flea market has 2 of them. I dont have pictures of the actual bottles but I have attached a picture of the clear version that I am talking about. Best that I can remember, I believe they are both 10 or 12 ounce, swirl style bottles.

Thank you so much!

ED69032C676646A9B48B1ADD499B82C4.jpg

Attachments

• ED69032C676646A9B48B1ADD499B82C4.jpg
    ED69032C676646A9B48B1ADD499B82C4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 51

LC

Reaction score
I have never seen an amber swirled Pepsi and have never heard of one them existing . There is a straight sided amber Pepsi that dates around 1910 I believe , I have one of them put some place , and some years back I saw an amber Pepsi made like the ones from the fifties . I have often wondered about that one as well being it is the only one of those I have ever seen . Then too , they may have been made in other states , never thought of that . If anyone has knowledge of an amber Pepsi from the 50s , I would like to see your comments . A friend of mine had the one I mentioned , and he passed away a couple of years ago . I do not know if his wife still has his bottles or not .

splante

Reaction score
I agree with morbious_fod, if the guy had one i would be very curious to check it out. Two he is cooking them and trying to pass them off,once those two sell he will magicaly have two more next week, just my opinion, did you get a date code from the "amber" bottle

acls

Reaction score
Pepsi does have some green glass versions of this bottle but not amber. Like morbious and splante said more than likely this bottle was irradiated by xrays or high powered UV sterilization lights.

There is also a guy up in Kentucky who has been monkeying around with Pepsi bottles for a while. He turns them amber and refers to them as "CE" bottles or chemically enhanced bottles. He uses a method other than radiation to doctor them, but won't reveal how he does it. They usually turn a very deep chocolate brown color.

LC

Reaction score
Do you have any of the green versions Matt ? If so , could you post a pic as I would like to see it being I have never seen a green one either .

digdug

Reaction score
Here is a link to the green Pepsi I had. I sold it at Columbia Bottle Show.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-376405/mpage-1/tm.htm

LC

Reaction score
Thanks Doug , do you recall where it was made ? For some reason I just don't remember a green one .

digdug

Reaction score
I don't remember which glass plant it was made at. I am thinking it had a G on the bottom in a box, Is that Gresham glass?

LC

Reaction score
I can't say Doug , I was wondering if possibly it came from Canada .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl