Ambitious Project ~HELP~

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony14

Reaction score
The bottom is where it says Federal law... the other numbers are 2 D-125mTc 1
For the mTc it looks like the m and c are very small and tucked under the top line of the T, possibly the manufacturers mark. i believe it is a 4/5 quart.

DirtDobber

Reaction score
Hey gary its DirtDobber the only federal law forbids i got are the classic Old Quaker (pint) and brown bottle with the cool pirate ship embosed on it( it says Schenley on the cap. The bottom says D9 56-40 M-1641-1 on the back it had a lable it looks but its gone!!!

Tr50263.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Tr50263.jpg
    Tr50263.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 96

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Hey Gary, this one is as common as dirt I think, embossed OLDETYME back has the federal law forbids sale/reuse of this bottle. ONE PINT at the base. Bottom has D-682 102 and a glass makers mark. You are more than welcome to this bottle, cover shipping and it is yours shoot me an e-mail if you would like to have it. Josh

Lj23305.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23305.jpg
    Lj23305.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 94

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello All, I did not want the thread to die so young.
Thanks to all who have responded so far [:)]! But, I know that there are still MANY of these type bottles in a lot of your hands [sm=rolleyes.gif].
I really think it's time that a catalogue of these was in the works. I know that most of you don't want to (or can't) undertake this task so, PLEASE help me as I attempt it [&:].
No need to be shy; just post a photo or discription or both and I'll run with it. So far I have only about twenty and that makes for a pretty thin and incomplete guide book.
Thanks!!!
ps> I'm still interested in buying some examples and accepting donations of them as well (shipping costs paid). I'll be giving credit to all who contribute [;)]

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi gary, i dug these 2 this week i did a quik cleaning onthe one. embossed on bottom d126, 56-56,made in usa, i in a circle used after 1954. only thing on back is the federal law thing. rhona

Bz77753.jpg

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
2nd bottle, embossed on bottom continental dist corp, d 18 wt in triangle, 12-5, phila. pa. whittall tatum co, milville, n.j. (c1922-1938). rhona

Hf98725.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98725.jpg
    Hf98725.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 95

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
hello there digger---

I have afew pro botts i can take pics for ya,and might have a few to get rid of,..

belive it or not there is a market for these types of bottles,especialy the old shot glass from that time peroid!....

ill get pics asap for ya...

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello WhiteLighting, and thanks for the response. There are a few of these types that are starting to be sought after and I suppose that, as time goes by, that number will increase. Thus the need for a catalogue [;)].
Right now there aren't any that do very well on eBay; I've been looking and picking up some of them. Most get NO bids and very few 'hits'. A few only get one bid, mine. I'm also copying down any info listed there to help with my research [8|]...
btw; I'm not sure what you mean by "shot glass" style. Could you please enlighten me?Thanks Again!

swizzle

Reaction score
I got 2 decanter style bottles I'll send you. They still have the glass/cork tops and gold paint. 1 say's rye and 1 says bourbon, and on the bottom is the embossed "federal law prohibits..." thingy. If your interested send my your address and I'll get them mailed out sometime this month. I'm not sure how much shipping will be so send me some cash or a check in the amount of the shipping price on the package when you get it and they're yours. Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles